Hide frames from presenting

Hi,

it would be great if I can hide frames, when I switch into presentation mode.

So it should look like this:

And of course I can choose more than one frame that I like to hide from a presentation.

I need a fast and simple way to hide frames without creating any new copied boards.

Michael

Michael - 

it’s not an elegant solution, but I’ve just been covering up frames I don’t want folks to look at right away with grey rectangles. My assumption is that in presentation mode, those would just show up as grey boxes too.

You could make it fun by adding little fun phrases in each covering box (e.g. “Nothing to see here, please move on...”)

Kiron

I’d welcome a flexible option (e.g., simply having multiple frame lists / presentations, so I’m free to choose what to show in one presentation vs. the other). Since I use many “helper” frames that litter the full list, that would be a huge relief.

you can for sure have a look at how Mural does it (though competitor, their solution for hiding areas of the board is quite handy) … not copying it, but using it as inspiration :D

I want something similar.  BUT, I want to have the frame become visible once I “get to it”.   e.g. When using Powerpoint, my class can only see (can only HAVE seen) the slides that I have already shown… I use this to ask questions and build drama.  IF they can see all slides from the beginning, it really handicaps the flow.  Idea:  Frames are all hidden, and they only become visible (and, optionally, remain visible - for comments, ideas, postits, etc) once I have “presented” them.  That would be cool!

I want something similar.  BUT, I want to have the frame become visible once I “get to it”.   e.g. When using Powerpoint, my class can only see (can only HAVE seen) the slides that I have already shown… I use this to ask questions and build drama.  IF they can see all slides from the beginning, it really handicaps the flow.  Idea:  Frames are all hidden, and they only become visible (and, optionally, remain visible - for comments, ideas, postits, etc) once I have “presented” them.  That would be cool!

Agreed

Mural has a ½ decent implementation but not in powerpoints league

I make a HUGH amount of use of ppt animation - if only th eiframe on a miro board worked as a presentation mode facility :(

It sounds like your best workaround is to export to a series of images, and then use those to generate a PowerPoint doc.

Maybe you can ask for export directly to PowerPoint format.  That would probably be useful for a lot of people.  

Or…  It would be cool if Miro frames could be linked to Google Slides.

Here’s a work-around to “hide” presentation frames:

Create the hidden frames on another Miro Board.

One that you’re not sharing with the group.

Open a new instance of Miro in a browser window, and navigate to the non-shared board. You can copy and paste “hidden” frames from the non-shared board into the shared board. 

The frames will seem to magically appear.

I hope this helps until there is a more elegant solution.

At the end of a class, I create a PDF - I like that feature, since I can provide a handout of what has been provided by the teacher and added/created by the students (e.g. excercises). However, during the class, the students create new frames which I might not want to include in the PDF. As a workaround I have to move such obsolete frames to the end of the frames list, create the PDF and then modify the PDF by removing the obsolete pages at the and. Alternatively I have to delete these frames (which I don’t like to do).

Could you please consider a functionality to exclude frames from being added to the PDF (e.g. excluding hidden frames, or let me mark frames that must not be included in the PDF).

Thanks
Patrick

Hi, big Miro fan here.

I just learned about the embed iframe Miro feature. I saw in the article here that users can’t click links. I had two questions:

1. Just clarifying this means that in presentation or edit mode, hyperlinks to components within Miro and to sites outside of Miro won’t work.
  1. … When will these links work? Is this something you’re thinking of adding?

I ask because I’d like to use Miro as a DIY internal website for colleagues. The goal would be to use it in Miro, as long as the links would work in embedded presentation mode. Or if there are no plans to make the links work in presentation mode, eventually I’ll code a website version. Would love to delay that stage if possible haha.

Best,

Elizabeth

I don't know whether the Hidden Frame feature was already out when this post was created but I don’t understand why hidden frames are still showing in presentation mode. Makes no sense to me to show to your audience a grey frame with a closed eye… Am I missing something?

Michael proposed this option 2 years ago and still such an obvious option hasn’t been implemented. Big miss on Miro’s part. This is a huge problem for our team. Anytime we present a board in presentation mode, we have to delete the frames we don’t want showing up, because having a big grey rectangle with a closed eye on it is not something we want to show either and does not make for a seamless presentation.