Free text formatting for stickies (font, colour)

Hello,

stickies are the no1 feature in miro to me.

But it would be much better, if i could choose a colour for the sticky and even have more options for text formatting (the same like i have in the text-tool: bold style, fonts).

I added a picture of what i like to see in miro.

Michael

@mlanders YES!

I would add, the ability to select different portions of text within a sticky and format them differently would be fantastic.

On physical sticky notes, I frequently will use a thick sharpie as a title and a fine tipped sharpie with some details. I can’t easily do that now without adding text boxes and grouping.

@mlanders YES!

I would add, the ability to select different portions of text within a sticky and format them differently would be fantastic.

On physical sticky notes, I frequently will use a thick sharpie as a title and a fine tipped sharpie with some details. I can’t easily do that now without adding text boxes and grouping.

I have done the same few days ago:

and with combined stickies but underlined ______ no text and additional textboxes I got this result … but it would look better if I had no underlined word.

I created this only because with the Sticky Notes I cannot create empty spaces with the spacebar…

Michael

This would be great - what’s interesting is that Miro will try to approximate the custom color you have previously chosen for a shape if you convert that to a stickie so it should be just as easy for it to support that same color to begin with. Ideally, a sticky should have all the same properties as a “normal” shape with just some extra capabilities such as auto-resizing added in...

I tried to work with Kiron’s idea to get stickies of different colors and it didn’t work that way for me. I agree that we should be able to dial in custom colors for our stickies. Was anyone else successful with this work-around?

Adding my support to all the comments in this thread. I’d like to see the same fine control of text that I get in this Reply window, to my Sticky Note window.

I would be happy if it would be possible just to bold some words on stickies. That always annoyes me so much! 

You have lots of fonts on shapes but only two fonts for sticky notes. They don't even match the fonts in the main list. This means stickies can clash with the fonts chosen for the rest of the board. 

Please provide all fonts everywhere. 

Ability to edit font on stickies.  I’d like the same functionality I have here, the ability to make something bold, italic, underlined or a different color.

Being able to format individual words is essential to provide clarity in some cases. Please give us rich text in our stickies! I promise we’ll use it wisely

Just upvoted this. Lack of font selection and localised size and weight are my bugbears - less fussed about deep formatting, text colour.

(Bonus points if I can doodle on stickies via iPad)

Really need bold in stickies, mates.

Mural does it.

Same for me, I just was looking for the text formats in the stickies too. Please if that could be implemented would be great. It works great for normal text, so why not in stickies?

@Jay Rogers : Mural does it not:

Michael

Wait, cannot bold in sticky notes? Come one, it’s 2021 already. Catch up, Miro.

I like these ideas as long as we don’t lose the auto-resize feature of the sticky. Not sure how you handle font size and type and maintain that...

strikethrough on stickies would be super useful too!

No Bold in sticky notes?! Really simple feature that would be expected. Please?!!

No Bold in sticky notes?! Really simple feature that would be expected. Please?!! I don’t have time in my working day to build text boxes with different font features in it. 

We need Bold in text like there is bold in the WYSIWYG reply to this post ui. We need basically all the text editing feature in post-its along with the ability to add images. 

I discovered a bug which might even indicate that implementing this could be very easy. If you have caps lock on, CTRL+I, CTRL+B and CTRL+U will affect the text. However as soon as you click away to finalize the text, everything is converted back to normal text. It doesn’t work with non caps words, and can cause weird behaviors on the note itself.
It seems that in some regard Miro already supports text formatting in sticky notes.

As a PM/developer, I want to be able to use text formatting notation / markdown in stickies so that I can bold, underline, create lists, etc. as you would use stickies in the real-world in various team scenarios.

As a team we often find ourselves needing to copy and paste text from stickies to text boxes and apply the same bg colour as the sticky to achieve the text formatting required. This is often confusing, time-consuming and blocks other often used features such as converting to a jira issue.

I NEED BOLD

It’s been nearly two years since i opened this wish … where are the answers … from someone official … I found a solution inside of a competitor

Free colouring … more fonts and colouring for my fonts and rotation of my stickies :

This is one of the results:

Michael

Giving this topic a bump as I’m very frustrated by it. We’re very fussy about the styling of our Miro boards and currently we avoid using stickies at all because the two fonts provided are awful and a mismatch for all the other fonts available. Please add permanent marker at least, please let us underline and bolden certain words. A little extra functionality here would be a huge improvement. I want to use stickies, they’re intuitive and look good...but with current fonts I have to give them a miss. 

Thanks!