Frame scaling, presentation mode and Prezi-like zooming

G’day.

I work in the software architecture space and creating large-scale structural maps which can expose successive layers of information when desired is very valuable. Historically, I’ve used Prezi for this purpose to great effect, but since we’ve adopted Miro more broadly, I’d prefer to stay within that toolset for ease of collaboration.

However, Miro isn’t quite capable of recreating the information structure and navigation I can readily achieve with Prezi. The primary missing piece is zoomable frames.

Frames in Miro are great as a way to structure a walk-through of a large board. However, it would be really useful if each frame was able to set its own relative coordinate system and in particular, set a scale for the frame content. This would allow a Prezi-like experience for drilling down into portions of the board. Importantly, this allows me to keep the details proximate to the summary view rather than scattered across the landscape.

Basically, Miro currently gives me horizontal and vertical axis for laying out my content: what I’d like is a depth axis as well.

Please consider!

Zooming and panning from frame to frame is my #1 and only feature wish. It enables us to present many slides worth of data in a more easily understood manner, by seeing where different frames sit in relation to each other. E.g. a detail could sit within the larger frame of the same topic, or we could show two separate paths of thought coming from one frame, then following each path of slides individually and circling back.

Without being able to smoothly zoom/pan from frame to frame, the relational context isn’t clear, although it is if they were able to zoom out and see how all the frames had been arranged.
The problem with showing a presentation as without slides, is that I don’t move the camera smoothly/professionally and it’s not fit for a presentation to a manager or client in my opinion.

If anyone wants to just request the pan/zoom, here’s a feature request to vote for: https://community.miro.com/ideas/smooth-pan-zoom-from-frame-to-frame-15985

Thanks.