Find Unlocked shapes

Could you add a way to find unlocked shapes, maybe with a way to page through them and lock them

You can use the existing Select tool to do this Simon! You can drag-select to select all of the items in an area, or just use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-A to select everything. In either case, only unlocked items are selected. When you have multiple items selected, a little selection toolbar pops up over the area of the items selected. If the selection includes multiple types of item, then you can click the filter tool to change the selection to a single type of item, such as just shapes.

You can now lock them all at once or alter your selection by holding the Ctrl key while de-selecting items, or just go to individual highlighted items you have found.

I do the same as Alan but I think being able to highlight all locked items using the same mechanism as the “changed content” highlighting might be useful. That way I can just see at a glance on a really large board if I’ve forgotten to lock something. 

Thnx guys :)

Its the ‘sequence of steps to achieve a purpose’ that start to be fluency - Perhaps also the setting aside of old paradigms in a new scenario

I’d not considered just using Ctrl-A but I see the “it would work” - I’d like to be able to page through the items though - I also DON’T want to lock everything - I often add a few stickies with examples or guidance for a template’s use and I don’t want them locked I just want th eframe & template grouped and locked - I may be ‘importing’ powerpoint paradigms to a miro context where they are unneeded on unhelpful!

Do you find the UI buggy? I’m still unsure if when stuff doesn’t work its due to bugs or invisible aspects of config. i’m ignorant of

An example - I built a board for a training session and imported a 20 slide powerpoint. I wanted each slide in a frame and each module of 2 to 5 slides in a frame (for navigation management). In some cases I had to try 15 times to be able to group slide & frame and the only ‘change’ i knowingly made between when it would and would not offer th e group icon was moving and resizing the items and creating/ deleting spurious shapes or switching from app to webpage and retrying 

Stay safe - & Thnx for the heads up on ways of working

Don’t forget to vote on your own idea @Simon.Harris :yum: