Find & Replace Text

Related products: Fonts & Text editing

I wish there was a way to perform a “replace all” on text, within the document so that if I create a template, I can easily update all the text within by using placeholders (i.e. find and replace all instances of “<Client>” with the client name).

Why doesn't anyone from Miro state something about this? It is just questions and no answers.

It seems they only added the ‘Search’ option? But not the ‘Search & Replace’ yet??

I just ‘searched’ for a word I used and need to replace on my board..  let me tell you: it’s a LONG list.

Please please @Miro Community Bot  can some of your developers please look into this asap?

It would really save us a LOT of time.

It’s been a year since the first person raised this as a problem. Please don’t let us wait any longer! 

Kind Regards

Bump this up please +2

+1 need this too. Would save me a lot of work while preparing an documentation i used earlier and want to reuse (a copy of it) for the next session.

Miro is a waste of my time

I am looking for this feature an I am surprised it is it not available! 
The user should have option to globally replace or cycle through each occurance.

The specific use case I have is to set up a Program Board for next Product Increment. ie to help with changes for:

- sprint number/name

- start/end dates of the sprint

- etc.

Having find/replace would save a lot of time! 

An alternative is to export the Miro board (ie content including structure, grouping, properties - colour,font, etc) to JSON. There should be a facility to import a JSON file - this would reconstruct a new board.

Just needed this feature and unfortunately it is not there. Sadly situations like this are happening often with miro:( One upvote from me!

hiya any updates on this, would love this for my project work!

+1 upvote here! Duplicating workshop pages for participants and if anything needs to be reworded or updated then I’ve got to unlock everything delete it all and copy it again. Super time intensive if you don’t get everything right first time - and then means you can’t iteratively update if things change.

Pleeeeeeeeeeease :)

How is this not implemented yet? 

Also, maybe if we could download the whole page into a CSV file, modify the problems and the reupload?

A find and replace function would be very helpful, it would save us a lot of time

+1. Please add this feature. It’s a pain living without it.

Hi, why is this flagged as an “idea”? It is a core function that needs to be in place with Miro, to properly function. Spelling mistakes to be easily corrected across a document or name renames in a document are essential to a functional Miro service. Search and replace needs to be added to Miro asap. Look at Google Sheet search & replace for inspiration if needed. Best regards, Tobias

If you need to classify things on sticky notes, use Tags!  That way, the tag name text can be changed once and applied to all tags on the board.  Super time saver, and tags export to CSV as well!

You’re kidding me? This still is not implemented?

We really need this.

YES YES YES. All the YESES! 😁🤞🙏

Not having this blocks adoption. Having to go through a complicated board to change or update things makes the tool seem inadequate -- certainly antithetical to its value prop as a fast and easy way to visualize.

Also, find and replace would make duplicating boards for other purposes very easy.

Miro, please save us the trouble of wasting hours editing a letter or a number all around a board. It would make us love you endlessly ❤️

+1

+1

Maybe this missing feature should be reported as a bug?

Even better would be the ability to place text variables where, when you know it is going to change every time - for example the name of a client company, or a person’s name or title in an org chart - you can tag that element as a variable, and whenever placing that somewhere else in the board, you can tag it accordingly.  Change one, change them all. Then, of course, a small icon to pop up a panel with all of the text variables in the board.

+1, could not agree more!

Would love to see any new Miro feature with this Find & Replace idea

+1 

Wizard needs “Find & Replace” badly. 

As a user of Miro for storyboarding purposes, this feature is essential!