Find & Replace Text

Related products: Fonts & Text editing

I wish there was a way to perform a “replace all” on text, within the document so that if I create a template, I can easily update all the text within by using placeholders (i.e. find and replace all instances of “<Client>” with the client name).

@Miro Board This feature is essential and fundamental to documentation. When will it be added as a feature?

Crazy basic user need that would remove so much friction when changing terminology, names, titles etc. (sometimes across multiple boards).

Massive time and head save if implemented

2 years this has been up and still not a feature!!!! 

Come one, i though tthis woudl be basic. Lucidchart has it, and we just switched from them to this, but seriously considering going back as we often have to change references and this is just a too painful. 

Reminds me of Microsoft’s offerings of anything - lots of advanced features but can’t get the basics right. I know what I’d prefer….

+1 from me!

this is such a shame and major miss in functionality that makes editing complex dashboard impossible

just for this the tool should be classified very poorly by Gartner

I invite all people above and those that come on this page (they are a lot based on the google search results) to give 1 star rating on the Garner page 

https://www.gartner.com/reviews/market/meeting-solutions/vendor/miro/product/miro/reviews?marketSeoName=meeting-solutions&vendorSeoName=miro&productSeoName=miro

This is driving me mad and I don’t get any sense that Miro is prioritising adding in what is basic functionality. I have invested a lot of time in Miro, I am loathe to switch to a different app but I resent going through endless items making text edits. Miro, please respond, I feel like we are whistling in the wind here!

Hello everyone. I’m working on a Find and Replace app for Miro and am looking to recruit beta testers to try it out and give feedback before I publish it to the Miro app marketplace. If you’re interested, please send me a direct message and I’ll share you the install link. :)

2 years and still waiting for this basic functionality, while effort is spent on gee-whizz stuff.

I just launched Super Search on the Miro Marketplace to solve this problem!

Some of the features:
- Search as you type
- Find (and replace) content in sticky notes, cards, shapes, and text items
- Preserves links and text formatting when replacing search results
- Filter results by type, tags, background color, assignee, last modifier, and creator
- Search by case sensitivity, exact word match, and regular expressions
- No account or email sign up needed to get started.

This is one of my first apps on the marketplace, so please let me know if you have any feedback, bug reports, etc. You can email me at vedran@hookshot.ca or DM me here on the Miro community.

Would love to be able to find/replace!

+1

yet another basic feature that is crippling to miss on

Please we need this

@Vedran “Super Search” is not working for me.  It is not searching text that is within a shape, which is my primary use case.

@Garret Duffy  - Can you share more details or DM me so I can understand if there’s anything special about your case? I was able to get it working locally with a star on my board, so I definitely want to understand your case better and make sure to get it resolved for you.

Come on Miro - this is a no-brainer. 
We need search & replace with replace-all option. It will save hours of tedious, brain-numbing, work.

Missing such basic features as 'search & replace' makes us think about searching for a replacement of Miro software.

Need to replace 40 names on a board in text boxes and sticky notes. Would be great to have a find & replace.

Without search and replace I end up not syncing miro with my database as it gets deisgned and changed. I design in Miro then start to create the database in Mysql workbench. Sometimes I need to replace 50 occurrences of product_id with product_code. If I cannot do that I will abandon Miro for the current project

Need to replace 600 text passages on 12 board. Would be great to have a find & replace!!

Just came on here to post that the pinned solution to this is NOT FREE! It’s currently asking for a $6 one time fee for each user. If you’re paying per member monthly, this basic functionality seems like it should be something that Miro would include with its basic membership, since the hope would be that you can use Miro in place of another application. 

This would be a huge help for my work. I think about this one all the time while I am using Miro heavily. 

Just adding a comment to say that this features would be great: :)