Facilitator timeboxing planning and monitoring

As a frequent workshop faciltator, I’d love for the ability to pre-plan a minute-by minute agenda (i.e. timebox plan) before I hit “GO” for a workshop. Then as I hit those pre-defined milestone timings, for me to get some sort of visual nudge/notification that at this point I should be starting X portion. Bonus points if it could dynamically adjust the remaining time boxes if we’re running behind. Perhaps if I get to those pre-mapped milestones, there’s an option to extend by x minutes…. and it adjusts the remaining time boxes accordingly to make up for the time. 

Example, for a 60 minute workshop, broken into 4 15 minute chunks…. If I hit minute 15, and I indicate that I need to extend that slot by 5 more minutes (pushing me to 20 minutes), it would dynamically adjust the remaining three timeboxes to go from 15 minutes down to 13.33 minutes. 

There’s a lot of great things to monitor when facilitating such interactive sessions, but I do find the time awareness challenging, even given the timer that everyone can see. I’d like the option for this facilitator timer to be visible to only myself. 

YES! I would love this! I was just trying to figure out how to phrase this same request but you nailed! 

YES! This is very, very close what I was looking for.

I like to present canvases one-by-one, unhiding them as I start on each one.

I already give each canvas a TimeBox, just as a note-to-self in the title of the canvas (e.g. “Stacey Matrix (5 min)”).

If this time-value was a parameter of the canvas, it could simply start visibly counting down when I unhide the canvas. That would then give me feedback about how I was doing with my own TimeBoxes.

When such Time-Boxes run out, I do not need anything ‘bad’ to happen (Buzzer or suchlike) as it’s just for my own orientation. Maybe it could simply go red and continue to count down into the negative, showing how much I’ve already overdrawn.

Maybe a “Stop” Feature for each canvas-timer would also be nice, then I could evaluate after the show which canvases where over- or underestimated by how much.

Hiding the canvas would then simply reset the timer for the next time around, just as unhiding the canvas had started the timer without any additional action.