Export voting to CSV

There seems to be no way to export voting result data at all. We use Miro for workshops with large groups of people on separate frames and want to be able to present voting in plenary after the workshop without having to type everything by hand.

Even better: if the data exports in CSV format, we could make a graph to show the number of votes per option.

There seems to be no way to export voting result data at all. We use Miro for workshops with large groups of people on separate frames and want to be able to present voting in plenary after the workshop without having to type everything by hand.

Even better: if the data exports in CSV format, we could make a graph to show the number of votes per option.

Hi,

I  would so much be able to export voting, too…

How can I vote for your Idea ? 

@Florence Van Roy - just click on the “Votes” button at the top of the discussion thread...

I would love to export votes as CSV and additionally as a nicely arranged PDF listing the voted-on objects and their vote-counts on printable pages.

Could it also be shown on the board itself (next to the sticky or object)? that way the full export could show the votes right next to the object. 

The usefulness of voting is severely limited without a way to easily collate or export the results.

Would be great to have this feature. 

Thanks!

Whilst voting is a great feature my thoughts are 100% with @KatherineM on this one. When you are facilitating Team health checks, workshops etc. there is no easy way to collate data and compare results across various teams/org. I have been forced to create my own excel and add the data there which is extremely time consuming and defeats the purpose of having a voting system in the first place. Please add this feature!

Thanks,

Tara 

Mural exports all attributes of Stickies including  size, position, color, votes, etc. Miro needs to do one better and not only add the Votes to export ASAP, but also add other attributes including the frame name.

The amount of time saved by being able to hold, for example, a brainstorming workshop (actually several) virtually is completely negated by the amount of time spent manually collecting and collating the voting results. Please make this happen.

Voting is so close to being useful.  WIthout the ability to export the results for later, the feature might as well not exist for me. 

Please, please, please finish the votig feature by letting the data leave the Miro system.

Running off to look at Mural now...

I love the voting feature, but to maximize its value it would be important that we could also export the results. When we conduct sessions with our clients, we always export PDFs of our boards to give them so that they can see the results of their hard work. Having the board without the results leaves an incomplete picture of our work together. While the function is great, we’ll continue to use manual “power dots” to vote until this feature is available. Thank you for your consideration!

My teams also love the voting functionality and it is essential for retrospectives and other team sessions. Especially working with clients I need to be able export the result of the voting - this is 100% essential, else voting is useless.

Is there any feedback from Miro if and when they plan to make an export of voting available?

Miro, what’s the timeline on adding this feature?

If there’s no export to CSV from voting, then we’ll have to remove this from our upcoming workshop and use some other mechanism.

Hi Miro. It is a severe limitation of the voting functionality to not allow export to CSV. Can you advise if this feature is in the pipeline?

Hi  Miro team.

Completely agree with comments in this thread. Allowing CSV and PDF export would make this feature far more useful. Especially when voting on several frames in a workshop, it is tricky (and time consuming) to manually export each one before moving on to the next. 

Since it is possible to “view all results” after each voting session they must already be temporarily stored somewhere, so why not allow for these stickers to add to the presentation as elements permanently?

Please give us a timeline for this!! 

Cheers

CSV would be the most useful - but pdf would be better than nothing - I end up screen shotting and doing it manually, which seems odd as all the ingredients for a solution already exist in the platform.

Hello Miro team,

It’s a shame we can’t export voting results into excel, it would save us tremendous amount of time. 

Exporting votes would be nice, but for me just to retain them in Miro would be helpful. If there was a way to keep the Vote Results lingering visually as we move on and do other things to the board. And be able to toggle them on and off.  For me just one result being retained would be enough.  Like a SHOW LAST VOTE function that re-displays the numbers on the objects they are attached to, even when the object is moved.

I am chiming in on this. Exporting to a CSV seems like a table stakes capability. We can already export stickies; why wouldn’t we be able to include a vote tally? Even a column for each voting session and the total votes for that sticky?  It doesn’t have to be smart. 

But even more basic and frustrating is that the way the UI is implemented, it actively interferes with being able to copy / paste or automate the extraction of this crucial data. I was going to try to use my data scraping tool to at least automatically extract the number of votes. I can’t right click to select the DOM element because Miro captures right-click behaviors. I also can’t even select the text! 

It seems like someone had to work hard to interfere with the most basic browser behavior. This feature is poorly conceived. It’s not a skateboard, it’s three wheels and a piece of plywood. I need to be able to act on the votes.

...Honestly, even an ability to select stickies by number of votes so I can tag them with the tally would be better than nothing. Please solve this problem. I’m now staring down the barrel of spending at least an hour trying to organize 75 stickies by vote count so the team can do things with them prioritized by vote count and it’s kind of making me regret using this tool.