Export transparent PNG's

It would be great to be able to export frames as transparent PNG’s (if the background is set to transparent), instead of JPG’s.

Please make this happen! Miro is really cool but needs functional elements.

Hey, there’s a way, pretty easy!

Download the pdf in vector, the frame must be transparent, then open it in Adobe Acrobat and go to edit pdf, click in the background, delete and save or adjust in the 3 dots the background to empty.

EASIER THAN PHOTOSHOP OR  ILLUSTRATOR

Hope it helps you!

Didn’t work for me...

We still need this! +1

Miro is such a awesome software, but not being able to export as a transparent PNG makes it less awesome. It’s very surprising that such visionary product developers would neglect something so obviously needed and so basic as to be able to export images without being JPG’s with white backgrounds. Not having this feature creates a bunch of extra work for the user. Come on guys, just add it already!

I was planning on using Miro as a foundational software for my company, but without this feature, I’m not sure if we will be able to. Sad.

Upvoted.

Upvote - exporting images with transparent backgrounds needs to exist.

Using JPG to save graphics images, which are 99.9% Miro boards, is just plain wrong and not so rare misunderstanding that “jpg is great compression for whatever images”. Ridiculous pixel sizes of them is clear proof of that: I suspect they use this as cheap hack to hide jpg photo compression issues.

They’ve got such a feature!
Right click on the frame, “copy as image”.

And you can paste it wherever you want.

And yeah, it’s gonna be transparent (if your frame is).

Using JPG to save graphics images, which are 99.9% Miro boards, is just plain wrong and not so rare misunderstanding that “jpg is great compression for whatever images”. Ridiculous pixel sizes of them is clear proof of that: I suspect they use this as cheap hack to hide jpg photo compression issues.

pls, do check my reply)

Miro is such a awesome software, but not being able to export as a transparent PNG makes it less awesome. It’s very surprising that such visionary product developers would neglect something so obviously needed and so basic as to be able to export images without being JPG’s with white backgrounds. Not having this feature creates a bunch of extra work for the user. Come on guys, just add it already!

I was planning on using Miro as a foundational software for my company, but without this feature, I’m not sure if we will be able to. Sad.

it has got the feature)

Hey, there’s a way, pretty easy!

Download the pdf in vector, the frame must be transparent, then open it in Adobe Acrobat and go to edit pdf, click in the background, delete and save or adjust in the 3 dots the background to empty.

EASIER THAN PHOTOSHOP OR  ILLUSTRATOR

Hope it helps you!

Didn’t work for me...

it has got the feature)

Another frustrating lack of feature by Miro. Can we get an update on when this will be fixed? Creating diagrams twice, once in Miro and again in AI, is absurd. 

I just made a bunch of nice marketecture diagrams and pricing tables and I’m dying that I cannot export them. 

my guess is that they want to drive engagement to the platform as it is a collaborative tool meant to be used by teams / groups. exporting to transparent PNGs will allow people to use the content, in even more ways that don’t tie back to Miro, without needing to login.  that said, at this point it is such a powerful tool for creating diagrams, presentations and other materials that it has crossed into needing to have export features to match 😀

I love Miro, but the lack of this feature feels like a strange oversight. Lots of Miro diagrams end up in Powerpoint slides, and those slides often have backgrounds. It would be very handy to have transparency support.

This seems like a major oversight in the export feature. Not to be negative, but I think a lot of people like me are surprised to discover this limitation after already investing time in diagramming with Mirro. I really hope the Mirro product team can look at this and respond to this feedback.

Thanks for the tip! This worked for me, but I had to delete the frame first. Then I selected all, right clicked, “copy as image”, and pasted into my Google Slides doc, and voila it has transparent background!

Still, this should be an option in the regular “Export as image” settings rather than some esoteric workaround.

It would be wonderful if this were available under export image. When I try to convert the PDF format to a transparent PNG it does not come out as expected. A directly supported and obviously available option would be incredibly helpful.

Recently I had to create a diagram for a document and thought “Hey, Miro does diagrams, maybe I can do it there and then export it.”. That idea died as soon as I saw that the picture export format is jpg. I was honestly a bit baffled that a program which essentially does vector graphics with text and sharp edges would use an image format which is really bad at handling exactly those things.

Png is the right tool for the job, please use it.

Please add support! 

Apparently, Miro discovered that some part of the application was actually useful and disabled it.  There is no “Copy as Image” functionality available on frames anymore.

Does anyone have a work-around for this that actually works?

Is there still no way to export a board with transparency? 

Might have to go back to yEd to do this otherwise… 

So disappointing. Almost unsettling that this isn’t a feature. Cancelling my subscription.

Hi @James Greff  

Thank you for checking in on this feature; we apologize if this has caused any inconvenience while trying to export your work from Miro. As a workaround, I'm linking to an article that explains various ways to export your content, including as a vector. In the meantime, we'll be sure to share this feedback with our team. For those coming across this idea, if you feel this would be helpful for you or your business, please be sure to vote for it and leave a comment about your use case to help our team scope this request. Thank you!