Enable dot voting on grouped items (e.g. post-it's)

Hi,

As an Agile coach I want grouped items to be handled as one item when we dot vote so that the end score is represented correctly. 

@Erwin Duisdeiker -

As I could see the business rules for this enhancement being somewhat complicated, a simpler workaround is just to put a shape around the grouped items and have folks vote on the shape itself.

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale 

Yes this could work as a work around. However when facilitating a session of 22 people with a multiple number of improvements it will be time consuming to do this during the session. And I do wonder if this is indeed that complex to realize. 

But thanks for the suggestion Kiron.

Cheers,

Erwin

I think the problem of the workaround is either that everything has to have a shape and limit voting to shapes and this  would slow a retro or other discussion down.

Ideally something like this would exist:

• Pull stickies together (grouping)
  • Start voting, if there are touching stickies they are in the ‘sticky group’ - automagically group the stickies

A workaround we use to group and then turn one of the stickies into a different colour and ask people to vote on only Dark green coloured stickies … of course some people just don’t listen anyway!