Dark Mode / Night Mode

Related products: Other

Miro is fantastic on a massive screen. It’s like you can see, arrange and rearrange your mind in 2d. The bright background and colours work well for feeling energised, fresh, and productive early in the day. For those of us who get more done during the night, however, the brightness can feel glaring and have the opposite effect, causing fatigue, especially with extended use.

It feels like a godsend to night-owls that the software industry is finally recognising our needs with dark mode being added to everything. While the implementation would understandably be no small task, I, for one, would greatly benefit from dark mode being added to what has become a fantastic tool in my work and lifestyle.

Thank you for Miro, and the Wishlist,
Walter

Dark mode would be extremely useful… working on a bright white board at night is terrible for the eyes.

Miro is fantastic on a massive screen. It’s like you can see, arrange and rearrange your mind in 2d. The bright background and colours work well for feeling energised, fresh, and productive early in the day. For those of us who get more done during the night, however, the brightness can feel glaring and have the opposite effect, causing fatigue, especially with extended use.

It feels like a godsend to night-owls that the software industry is finally recognising our needs with dark mode being added to everything. While the implementation would understandably be no small task, I, for one, would greatly benefit from dark mode being added to what has become a fantastic tool in my work and lifestyle.

Thank you for Miro, and the Wishlist,
Walter

Dark mode Please! +10000000000000

here to express support for this feature also. It would make miro an indespensible product for us

This is an accessibility issue: dealing with light sensitivity with migraines, and also as a migraine trigger.

#accessibility

Dark mode please, or at least an option to change the grid colour, Come on Miro, it’s not that hard to implement surely!

The dark mode band-wagon? I’m on it!

This would be a much needed addition to the site, especially for those of us who live in places where it gets very dark during winters, staring at big white backlit surfaces is not great for the eyes in dark environments.

There is built in css support through media queries now.

@media (prefers-color-scheme: light) {
}

@media (prefers-color-scheme: dark) {
}

So for the web part of Miro all you have to do is create alternative colors for your main palette styles.

As for the canvas where the user can choose the colors it won’t be as easy, you want white to be black and vice versa, but blue should still be blue.

Probably best to embrace KISS, so for the canvas it might be enough just to make the background and page background black in addition to inverting free standing textbox colors.

Going to be a bit tricky to get right but should be doable with a bit of trial and error.

How is this not available yet?

it's been 2 years and we still don't have dark mode. Why is taking so long? 😥

Would love dark mode or a way to change the background color.

Dark Mode Please

me when i open miro before 11am

seriously, it HURTS

Please please please! I have dark mode on everything else, and when I switch back to Miro after some time it’s physically painful. I’ve tried working around this by making a huge frame with a dark fill, but it causes challenges when I need to export some work and the lightened font and images don’t translate.

Darkmode Please – Sincerely Eyes & Brain

Has anyone found a way to enable dark mode?

Come on MIRO!

私もDark Modeの実装に賛成します

I’m not sure if this has already been mentioned, but In the meantime, the Dark Reader Chrome (and Brave) plugin works quite well for this.  Likely there’s something for FireFox too.

wait still no dark mode? or the option to change the background color? this thread is been here for three years. talk about getting your priorities straight…..

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

Would Love and need dark mode, light sensitivity is real. 

My workaround has been to make frames black or gray and big then zoom in from there.

In January 2023, in a Series C funding round, Miro raised $400 million at a $17.5 billion valuation, making it the 8th most valuable US startup at that time

No excuses.

No darkmode in 2033?...

Dark Mode please !!

Ignoring popular feature request (for four years or more) is what makes companies vulnerable to competitors.