Dark Mode / Night Mode

Related products: Other

Miro is fantastic on a massive screen. It’s like you can see, arrange and rearrange your mind in 2d. The bright background and colours work well for feeling energised, fresh, and productive early in the day. For those of us who get more done during the night, however, the brightness can feel glaring and have the opposite effect, causing fatigue, especially with extended use.

It feels like a godsend to night-owls that the software industry is finally recognising our needs with dark mode being added to everything. While the implementation would understandably be no small task, I, for one, would greatly benefit from dark mode being added to what has become a fantastic tool in my work and lifestyle.

Thank you for Miro, and the Wishlist,
Walter

Dark mode has become ESSENTIAL to me on all devices in all situations. It’s simply so much more comfortable for my eyes, I feel much calmer and better able to focus visually. I don’t have to dim the screen light all the way down to a point where I can’t see anything at all when I work during the evening. And don’t forget: dark mode is MUCH more sustainable in terms of energy usage. It’s needed.

Bruh, 2 years later and still no dark mode? it's ridiculous 

I use Miro daily now for project and team management, and I have people that struggle to work with bright themes. I don’t want to have to separate their stuff to another platform with a dark mode, as it will isolate them and give me more to have to manage. Darkmode support should be a given for any platform nowadays, it’s becoming not just a superficial aesthetic choice for more and more people.

I love Miro as a productivity tool but it is the ONLY App that I use that is not Dark Mode and it is a barrier to using it. Very glaring. Please, please, please get this implemented on the App.

As many Apps now support themes of ‘Same as Windows’ this would fit perfectly.

Even the community doesn’t have a dark mode option. I guess Figma might end up being what I have to use. Does your own company not use Miro?

+1

Miro still not having dark mode as a user setting makes it inaccessible to people like me with disabilities that cause extreme light sensitivity. The suggested ‘fix’ for accessibility is ridiculous, it’s unreasonable to expect people to mess with the background and theme for an entire company/team’s Miro board and how EVERYONE views it just for individual accessibility.

Please, PLEASE add dark mode as a user setting, it’s absolutely crucial for disability accessibility.

Where is Dark Mode! It has been so long!

Dark Mode is very necessary. Please at least roll out dark background color/changing the background color first, if building the whole mode takes time with UI.

Please, dark mode!

This is quite silly.

A free and open-source alternative to Miro called Excalidraw has had this basic feature since forever.

I have sensitive sight and I need to use dark themes on all apps and pages. Miro is causing me pain unless I use DarkReader browser add-on though this comes with it’s own issues as it inverts colors of images shown on the board!

If anybody wants to check out Excalidraw, here it is:
https://excalidraw.com/

Its funny coming to these posts (after looking for dark mode) to find out features that you assume would have been implemented 2 YEARS AGO, might actually be implemented! I guess two years isn’t very long to introduce a dark mode...

Can we please get a dark mode ASAP ?

Using Miro is physically painful.  The Dark Reader extension helps a lot but it makes Miro noticeably sluggish.  Dark mode please!

Adding to this chain of requests to hopefully push Miro to implement Dark Mode. I love Miro but it hurts my eyes at night and I get most of my work done then. I don’t want to switch to another tool but if this continues for a while I might have to in order to save my eyes :(

dark mode is also an energy saver, especially with OLED screens as a black pixel is off. less energy, less heat, less radiation

What is the status on this? Is it considered for implementation?

Interested to know , if this feature is considered for implementation ? If yes, when is it expected to be available for all.

This is an #accessibility issue.  I get migraines with light backgrounds.

I tried using Dark Reader extension (Chrome/Firefox) but alas, it does not work for Miro boards.

This is an #accessibility issue.  I get migraines with light backgrounds.

I tried using Dark Reader extension (Chrome/Firefox) but alas, it does not work for Miro boards.

I think this is more of a weirdChamp why you got no dark mode in 2023 issue.

I agree wholeheartedly!! For me and many people like me with visual impairments, dark mode is not just a matter of preference; it is an essential need for accessibility.

Full disclosure: As a visually impaired person with severe daily chronic migraines that cause intense light sensitivity, the only way I can view computer screens at all without debilitating pain is with sunglasses, lights off or super dim in the room, and using intense color filtering, dimming apps like f.lux on Sunset mode and Twilight on my smartphone, at 40-50% dim, warmest color hue. Most days, that's not even enough with apps that don't have dark mode or a similar option, so I'm left lying in the dark wearing a blindfold in bed and listening to audiobooks all my waking hours, as I've been doing every day for 2.5 years now. The black background is such a relief for my headache intensity and the migraine pain in my head and behind my eyes. 

In an ideal situation, I could add requesting further accommodation options to this request: tweaking brightness, contrast, color tint, and hover labels that say which color the sticky note and connecting line are. With all these color changing apps and sunglasses I use, I cannot tell which color I chose without taking off my tinted over-glasses and momentarily disabling f.lux or Twilight, which causes shooting pain behind my eyes. 

Sorry if this sounds like whining. I assume that no one could guess how much things this simple can impact the quality of life and capabilities of disabled people if we don't say so.

Miro, please. Really, just please. Do this. Now. 

It is getting to the point where myself and others in my organization will not be able to use this tool due to the lack of a build-in, easy to use dark mode. 

Light sensitivity is a real issue, and the fact that no action has been taken on this is a bit concerning that the company does not care about accessibility for all.

Please.

Please.

Upon a first glance, Lunar Reader seems to patch the problem. I’m not sure what it’s like with filled boards, as I haven’t had a chance to use miro yet due to the lack of dark mode availability (whatsoever on mobile). I would recommend putting Lunar Reader into whitelist mode and adding miro.com to the list, that way you can use both extensions and easily choose the one you want to enable for each website.

The browser version is one thing, and yes, browser extensions can help, though I’ve found them a bit wonky. I prefer the speed and responsiveness of the native app, so I am looking for a built in solution that will let me control the color of the canvas in the native apps. Creating a big dark box as the background works, but should not have to do that for what we pay for this tool.

真滴离谱,都TM两年了,怎么还是没有黑暗模式?!?