Dark Mode / Night Mode

Related products: Other

Miro is fantastic on a massive screen. It’s like you can see, arrange and rearrange your mind in 2d. The bright background and colours work well for feeling energised, fresh, and productive early in the day. For those of us who get more done during the night, however, the brightness can feel glaring and have the opposite effect, causing fatigue, especially with extended use.

It feels like a godsend to night-owls that the software industry is finally recognising our needs with dark mode being added to everything. While the implementation would understandably be no small task, I, for one, would greatly benefit from dark mode being added to what has become a fantastic tool in my work and lifestyle.

Thank you for Miro, and the Wishlist,
Walter

+1

Hi all, just ended up here after looking for information on Miro Dark mode. Very unfortunate that this is still not supported.

Anyone know if Miro have communicated a timeline on this at all?

We are evaluating ClickUp and as far as I am aware they have a dark mode (although not sure if it applies to their whiteboards feature too)

Be good to know if Miro are planning to introduce this before we complete our evaluation of ClickUp.

We love Miro, but Clickup looks cheaper with way more features. To stick with Miro we’ll likely need to see that Dark mode is at least “coming”

Thanks Miro team and community.

I am struggling right now with this feature that doesn’t exist.

Dear Miro. This feature request is more than THREE years old. Nearly 2000 users have upvoted on this and it is the MOST upvoted feature request overall. And it seems that this is not even being looked into. This is Microsoftesque lagging, IMO.

Are you even considering to deliver this feature in a foreseeable future?

It is surely not trivial since boards need to be equally readable in both modes and colors may look very differently in both modes. So creating a board in dark mode must produce an equally readable board in light mode and vice versa.

Would it work for starters if the board creator can just “lock” a board to dark or light mode? You can then later figure out all the necessary color mappings and features where editors can lock single colors.

Overall, as you can see, this feature is dearly missed and esp. for night owls and IT folks (like me) it’s hardly comprehensible that there is such an expensive tool with such a large user base that does not offer a dark mode.

Well - and I cannot edit my own post? Even before anyone has posted another comment? 🤣

So edit:

The option to change the board’s background color does not do the trick since all black text that is not inside some form with a defined background color becomes invisible.

IF you could combine the change of the background color with a check where black text appears outside forms or within forms with no background color set AND apply a color mapping then I think we’re almost there. Repainting the menus is trivial.

Guys, we definitely need dark mode! Please add it ASAP.

oh no… 3 years and still no dark mode… I have a vision impairments which makes looking at bright white screens nearly impossible. I use a Chrome extension, darkreader.org to bypass apps where the development of a dark mode is not prioritized by the product team. Its a shame it’s not a prioriry for Miro.

Well at least I can set a background colour. Better than nothing I guess.

Would be nice for navigating through on the “Boards” tab to have that dark as well.