Dark Mode / Night Mode

Related products: Other

Miro is fantastic on a massive screen. It’s like you can see, arrange and rearrange your mind in 2d. The bright background and colours work well for feeling energised, fresh, and productive early in the day. For those of us who get more done during the night, however, the brightness can feel glaring and have the opposite effect, causing fatigue, especially with extended use.

It feels like a godsend to night-owls that the software industry is finally recognising our needs with dark mode being added to everything. While the implementation would understandably be no small task, I, for one, would greatly benefit from dark mode being added to what has become a fantastic tool in my work and lifestyle.

Thank you for Miro, and the Wishlist,
Walter

I’m all in with a Dark Mode!

Dark mode would be great! 

DARK MODE PLEASE !!!

Yes please🙏🙏

I would love dark mode. The big canvas is too bright for my taste.

Great one! I would be happy to have that possibility 👍

What do you think, should it be an user or board setting?

I think user setting will do. Otherwise, make it a checkbox option when creating a new board. I personally don’t want to go into the settings every time to change the background color to dark. Thanks.

I think user setting will do. Otherwise, make it a checkbox option when creating a new board. I personally don’t want to go into the settings every time to change the background color to dark. Thanks.

Hm, true. Considering sometimes different time zones between users, different hours of accessing boards - it should be every users private setting.

I agree. It should be a setting on a per-user level. Most platforms or software either handle it per user or as local app preferences (meaning it won’t carry across devices), but I prefer to set it per user.

I agree. It should be a setting on a per-user level. Most platforms or software either handle it per user or as local app preferences (meaning it won’t carry across devices), but I prefer to set it per user.

I agree as well @Walter Ellis. Thanks for proposing this. I’d love a dark mode for Miro!

Michael

I agree.  I’d really like the dark mode too!

+1000000!

Pleeeeaaasssee.

Miro is painful to use at night!

Please enable a Black Board option along with the white board. I get severe migraine looking at the white screen for long periods, day or night.  

Dark mode would be a true blessing indeed.

Please dark mode! Would be cool to swap background just like in Trello.  

Dark mode at the top of the list please, our eyes burn!! the pain!! oh it hurts so much…

its perplexing how, in this day and age, there isn’t a Dark mode (or dark grey like Pure Ref) for every app - its more power efficient and fully white screens buuurn - its def our generations florescent bubs.

“its def our generations florescent bubs.”

Oh, now that’s a one-liner that describes it perfectly!  It’s so true!

Please!! :grin:

agreed. dark mode would be great for working through the night hours.

ROUGH FIX:

Just draw a large smooth cornered rectangle with background color what ever you want.

- Zoom out and make the shape large enough for your project to fit in

As you work make sure all your colors for your shapes, texts, etc. are set to the colors you want. To allow proper contrast and visibility.

• This is just my work around for dark mode.

yes, please!

I came here to see if the feature was available. Seems not, but for all the night owls, here’s my workaround in the meantime. 

• Use the web-interface rather than desktop app.
  • Use a browser extension like Dark Reader to change the CSS settings for your view of the board.

For someone like me that uses Miro regularly day and night, It will be great to be able to switch between light and dark mode for several reasons such as productivity, mood change, easy on the eye etc. I’m surprised that night mode is not implemented yet:stopwatch:

Yes, dark mode is highly demanded! I vote for it as well!

The ability to change the board background color to a selection of colors, lights and darks, would be nice. This is maybe different from a dark mode, in that objects would remain the same, the toolbar and context menus would remain bright, but the brightness of the background could be softened by a variety of color and greyscale options to suit the preference of your eyes.

(and I’ve suggested a dotted background instead of a grid as well. Please vote for that one too if you agree: https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/dotted-background-instead-of-grid-2100