Add custom typeface/font

Related products: Fonts & Text editing

Is there a way to add google typeface or custom typeface to use on Miro board?

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

Another frequently use-case is: in not supported languages like Persian, Arabic, Farsi, Dari, … the text looks really ugly. But we have tons of perfect fonts on them, if you simply support google fonts, the problem will solve easily.

The existing fonts are all from GoogleFonts I think. Being able to choose from the GoogleFont library, like in GoogleDocs or GoogleSpreadsheets, would be cool.

I am one day on Miro and want to use it as a TTRPG resource and to provide fan-made resources to my community, e.g. custom Storyteller Screens, the customization would help me to match the TTRPGs style a bit closer, meaning more imersion and greater sharing value.

Hard to believe that 3 years on we are still waiting for this feature. It’s possible in many competitors and simillar products.

Morning, 

I was about to add this idea, and found out it’s already been posted.

I would like to have custom font, specially handwriting one.

+1 for this idea

Regards

Aman

Hard to believe that 3 years on we are still waiting for this feature. It’s possible in many competitors and simillar products.

Agree. It’s been asked for many times, there is a clear customer need and lack of custom fonts is a genuine customer problem. 

At this point I can only surmise that Miro has decided to not implement it for internal business reasons or just out of spite.

Maybe the Google fonts api bullied Miro at school 🤷

Real shame to see this still lacking or no 3rd party apps that you can use to add custom fonts. 

Any Miro MODs able to advise if this has even made it to the roadmap or is upvoting simply a gimmick rather than for true customer input?

It would be so good to be able to this. Still have to stick to PPT because of the company fonts...!

Create your content with the desired font in an external design tool or text editor that supports the font you want. Then, take a screenshot of the text and import the screenshot as an image onto your Miro board. This won't provide the same level of interactivity as native text, but it can help you achieve https://www.goldentreeroofing.com/ the visual appearance you're looking for. 

Is there a way to add google typeface or custom typeface to use on Miro board?

Let’s go!

I’ve been monitoring this specific issue for years (!!), and I'm just genuinely baffled that the mods haven’t even acknowledged or given any kind of reason why this feature isn’t implemented. C’mon Miro, you need to step up here. I have chosen to use Figma countless times because of this one missing feature= that for many design professionals is a total must have. 

You develop new features all the time that are much less valuable than this small addition would be. I really don’t get it. Is this feature even on the radar??

IdeaBeta

Hi Everyone, 
We’ve marked this Wishlist Idea as Beta as we are offering this feature through Brand Center --> Help Center article is here.

Sincerely,

Miro Community Team

ok, but even if you’re now offering this as an option in Brand Centre, I fail to see why Miro can’t offer a few more free font options from the Google Fonts repository to fit the needs of users and make Miro more accessible. My use of Miro (as a student) is limited, even though it’s an awesome tool for auto mind-mapping, because of this.

Some options I would personally like to see added, which are all popular and likely to get used:

• Work Sans (My favourite font ever. I habitually write essays in this because it’s so easy to read even at a small size.)
  • Atkinson Hyperlegible (like Work Sans, but more compact, feels equally ‘friendly’. Would love to have this so I can make mindmaps for open-book exams where I’m only allowed to bring in a few sheets of paper.)
  • Lato (another very popular option that has a bit of distinct-ness)
  • Poppins
  • Inter
  • Rubik
  • Barlow for another narrower option that stays very readable
  • Monospace fonts: Space Mono, Fira Code
  • Serifs: Merriweather, Lora, Alegreya, Bitter

BetaDelivered

Thanks for submitting this idea @Seul Lee! We’ve made some updates to Workshop & Presentation features that I think you might find helpful here and can’t wait to share more with you soon!

To learn more about this feature and all other Miro product updates, join us on March 13 or 14, for our What’s New Product Webinar. You’ll hear directly from our Product Marketing team about how you can use these features to just make work, flow!

Hope to see you there too @Tom Solid @PEET.Miro @Ouroboros @acyment @Anja Möschler @Peter Green @Sharon Dale @Eric Holtz @dbragg @Rolf @xlim @Amanda @Jakob @Ger Somhorst @Ahmed Ibrahim @Michelle Murphy @Laura C @Dana Espag  😊👋🏿