Creating a library of assets that can be used across projects and update when those assets are changes in the original asset.

We use Miro as a Mapping tool and part of that flow that is lacking is the ability to create an asset library with assets that get updated externally (usually) or internally, and have other separate boards use those assets as instances of the original content in the library.

Currently creating templates partially works…. but requires the user to re-add the asset to the board, which creates additional challenges when the original placement accuracy is a high priority:

Proposal:

• Add a “Create Library Asset”. This differs from the “Create Template Asset” because the instance asset would update anytime the asset changes (in real time hopefully or maybe there is a refresh button that could do it.
  • Create groups within it and make each group have a unique share status (private or shared and which project it’s shared too).
  • Be able to lock or unlock a library asset, and making sure anyone can request edit access to the creator of the asset.
    • Transfer ownership of asset to someone else.
    • Making sure that if the owner is removed from the project that the ownership becomes public, to prevent assets being locked out if someone is removed before ownership is manually given away.
  • On instances of that Library Asset, the user can refresh the asset so that it’s updated manually or upon opening the project a new will also refresh it.

• [Stretch Goal] Add copy and paste functionality to both the asset and or the group within the library.
  • [Stretch Goal] Add a favorites to particular assets or groups

Hey @Terrence Cronin!

Thanks for your idea! Could you share with me some examples of your work? Just to better understand your needs and what these assets are look like. We can discuss it in PM or fix a call if it is more suitable for you.

Thanks in advance!

Sure we can schedule a time to talk about it. Would be easier that way. An example of this can be found when you create add a file to the asset library in Adobe Photoshop. But lets talk talk about it.

Thanks @Terrence Cronin! I’ll send you a link to my Calendly in PM.

Hi @Anton Telitsyn

Is this on the product roadmap? It would be a great feature to have.

Thanks

Sabu

PERFECT!

This is totally missing, I hate having to redo same thing in many places due to a small change.

Would vote a hundred times if I could!​​​​​​

Can’t believe this only has 22 votes! A component library would

• save so much time,
  • save frustration
  • keep canvases consistent
  • enable all team members with the right content

YES YES YES to this one!

Agreed - this is my #1 request! Going from gathering ideas in a workshop setting, to organizing content and then building out artifacts...I have dreamed of having a centralized hub or library of content that I can pull from and update from any board.

I’m a researcher/designer and a visual thinker. Working in miro to synthesize data (versus a spreadsheet or other program) is super helpful but also time consuming as you have to spend a lot of time on version control. 

Please build! Thanks!

An asset library is key for our workflow as well!

+1 deeply need it

I am supprised to see this feature is missing on Miro. A user should be able to create a collection of frequantly used items like logos, images, shapes, arrows. In 2023 this has not been implemented yet!!

It’s been 3 years. This is pretty essential for businesses and enterprises

Question for the folks at Miro - have there been any developments with the idea proposed above? I do agree this functionality would be quite helpful for myself and my team. 

Thanks for submitting this idea @Terrence Cronin! We’ve made some updates to the features and use cases mentioned here that might be helpful for you and everyone in this thread.

To learn more about this feature and all other Miro product updates, join us on March 13 or 14, for our What’s New Product Webinar. You’ll hear directly from our Product Marketing team about how you can use these features to just make work, flow!

Hope to see you there too @Lucie A @Josselin Hillion @Sabu Samarnath @Bru.BooH @Bru.BooH @Somer Loen @BurtyC @Wes Carr @Jesse Gold @Ruwantha @Tom A ✨