Idea

Create a mask with a shape

• 14 May 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Relating to a previous thread created by @Colin Hewitthttps://community.miro.com/got-a-question-ask-the-community-45/create-a-mask-with-a-shape-516?postid=2512#post2512

The ability to create a mask of an image (for example a square profile photo) into a circle

8 replies

Userlevel 2

Thanks George - This came from simply wanting to make profile images as circles rather than rectangles. But there are tons of other applications

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Thanks George - This came from simply wanting to make profile images as circles rather than rectangles. But there are tons of other applications

@Colin Hewitt I was looking for exactly the same feature for similar use cases - agreed it could be a great feature to have

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Following! Would love this feature.

Userlevel 1

Until they add this feature to create a circular crop/mask, I found one workaround where I upload a circular mask PNG that is the color of my background (in my case, I use a white rectangle in all of my frames), and I group it with my square image. Great for profile pictures, etc. Pasting it below.

Circular Mask.png
​​​​​

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Until they add this feature to create a circular crop/mask, I found one workaround where I upload a circular mask PNG that is the color of my background (in my case, I use a white rectangle in all of my frames), and I group it with my square image. Great for profile pictures, etc. Pasting it below.

Thanks for this @Todd Swanson!!! Out of the box thinking, I did not think to do something like this in the interim :grinning:

Things like this is the exact reason why I love Miro and the Miro Community! :bulb:  

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I got here by wanting to fill a shape with an image.

I got here by wanting to fill a shape with an image.

Ha. Bump. 

Something next to the + icon here would be great...

Badge

Totally support this wish. For me it would truly help to be able to create a user defined mask crop on the image, so not just the circle but also being able to cut out some parts to be able to make a rough quick photo montage.