Count Tags

Using Miro to capture user needs in a story map. We use stickies to represent the epics and needs but also tags to capture the themes.  It would be great to get a count of tags for the board or a dedicated area on the board.  

@David Don -

This should be fairly easy to do via the API. @Max Harper - any chance you could whip up a simple add-in app for this if you are feeling bored :joy: as I’m guessing this would be way easier than the list randomizer?

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale  

Super easy as a plugin.

@David Don Here’s a set of questions to tease out what you’re looking for... 

Pretend scenario: 

sticky 1: “make sharing easier” [tag1, tag2, tag3]
sticky 2: “make tutorial shorter” [tag2]
sticky 3: “add ‘shopping cart’ for tickets” [tag1, tag2, tag3, tag4]

- Total count of all tag instances(each time a tag is applied to a sticky): (3+1+4) = 8

- Total count of all tag classes(the number unique types of tag currently being applied to stickies: 4 (tag1,tag2,tag3,tag4)

- SubTotals by tag: tag1:2, tag2:3, tag3:2, tag4:1

Which of the above would be useful to see? 

@Kiron Bondale  

Super easy as a plugin.

@David Don Here’s a set of questions to tease out what you’re looking for... 

Pretend scenario: 

sticky 1: “make sharing easier” [tag1, tag2, tag3]
sticky 2: “make tutorial shorter” [tag2]
sticky 3: “add ‘shopping cart’ for tickets” [tag1, tag2, tag3, tag4]

- Total count of all tag instances(each time a tag is applied to a sticky): (3+1+4) = 8

- Total count of all tag classes(the number unique types of tag currently being applied to stickies: 4 (tag1,tag2,tag3,tag4)

- SubTotals by tag: tag1:2, tag2:3, tag3:2, tag4:1

Which of the above would be useful to see? 

I would love to see this plugin, I think all 3 of those counting instances would be great!

@David Don -

This should be fairly easy to do via the API. @Max Harper - any chance you could whip up a simple add-in app for this if you are feeling bored :joy: as I’m guessing this would be way easier than the list randomizer?

Kiron

You can export your frame or miro board to a CSV file and you should be able to do all of the counting you want to do from there

Being able to get the SubTotals by tag would be great!

it’d be nice if you could also view tags by topic on card similar to how you are able to do with the cards assigned to users. As a board organizer we are using task lists to track our RAID items (risk | action items | decisions) and it’d be handy being able to quickly see by tag where everything is at.

Anything done on this?

Cant beleive this isn’t already a feature.

Hi all,

Just seen this feature in Mural - very useful.

I am advocating to my business to invest in Miro - this would help!