Confluence embeds pinned to a specific frame

As reviewers have noted on the Atlassian Marketplace page for the Miro Confluence integration, the integration still only embeds the entire board in a fixed-size component. This is useless for anyone using  the canvas to hold multiple diagrams..which is the whole point of Miro.

As a result, I’ve got no choice but to export a static  image of the frame I want, and paste that into the page. If the diagram gets updated, my Confluence page obviously does not. And if I want to link to the Miro board, I’m best off bypassing the integration entirely and simply pasting a URL because, again, there is little or no conceivable use for embedding the entire Miro app, UI and all, not focused on the specific content I’m trying to share, into a fixed-size small frame on the wiki page.

This can and should be split into multiple stories, e.g.:

• As a user, I should be able to embed a single live frame into a Confluence page
  • I should be able to control the size and perhaps aspect ratio of the embedded frame, e.g. to match the content, as its dimensions are knowable.
  • I should be able to toggle whether the full Miro app UI should be turned on in the embed by default. Just because a user *can* edit the board that doesn’t mean embeds should be covered in toolbars and minimaps.
  • For pages that can and will be shared with viewers not authenticated into Miro, or lacking access to the specific board, there should be a toggle for an optional fallback behavior that renders a static image of the frame embedded at the time of embed creation or modification.

Since your Confluence integrations go back four years, and your Confluence Cloud integration goes back at least one year, should we expect these sorts of obvious functionality will ever be taken up?

Hi @farbodsaraf, big thanks to your team for looking into this feature.

Can you please advise how link embedding will work?

Ideally, I would like to create interactive process maps through Miro. The idea is that a single shape object can be clicked, and link the Confluence user to the relevant page (set up in the Miro board).

And can links be used for page bookmarks? ie. Same Confluence page, but scrolled down to the relevant content within the page.

As this topic is stale for 3 years I will advice my client to not use Miro as a graphical tool in conjunction with Confluence and look for an alternative.

Hi @bnabled 

We have some great news! This feature has officially been developed and released. In this article we explain how to set the Starting view of the Miro embed on Confluence — I hope this is helpful.

Cheers.