Сonference poster mode

OK this is a big one! Almost a new app!

The big problem with online conferences is re-creating those conversations, especially around poster presentations. No current system to my knowledge can provide that experience in the virtual world. However, Miro, if adapted could!

This is how:

1. Miro creates a conference version of its App. This allows conference organisers to create a series of A0 frames in a “virtual room” on a given topic.
  2. Individual presenters within a conference version of Miro could upload their poster into a given slot determined by the organisers and according to conference brochure
  3. Visitors (conference delegates) can quickly zoom in and zoom out of individual posters as per normal Miro - equivalent to passing by posters in a conference.
  4. Presenters and visitors have a little circle which appears around a poster when people have zoomed within range, and can hear audio discussions.
  5. If it seems interesting, clicking on the poster allows for a Zoom style interactive session to open up so that visitors can discuss with presenters.

In the long term, travelling around the world and pumping out tonnes of CO2 (1 tonne CO2 per person per round trip between UK and US!!!) is not actually a sustainable way forward. Conferences wont go away entirely, but lets explore ways that we can do things in the virtual realm. Miro in this way could make a large contribution to reducing global warming!

@Patrick Degenaar , your wish list item created some resonance with me. We're in the middle building thing.online, eventually it will support most of the aspects of the scenario you are describing - with the help of an integrated Miro.

If you could spend some time having a conversation with us, let me know. We would be happy to learn more.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Perfectly happy to have a chat. If you send an email to patrick.degenaar@newcastle.ac.uk, we can set up a meeting.

@Thomas Krause - 

Did anything become of your project? I am trying to use MIro + Teams to run virtual Scientific Poster Sessions across a multinational organization and I resonate with Patrick’s wish list.

Paul