Combine sticky notes

Hi, I really love how miro is helping me and my team doing engaging and fun retrospectives.

So far it's a great tool but I would love to have a missing feature which is to easily combine two sticky notes or cards. This is normally a common use case after a brainstorming or gathering insights phase in a retrospective when you ask the team to combine similar ideas or topics.

Thank you and keep working on this lovable tool.

@Ramon Salla Rovira - 

this sounds like a great idea. How do you envision the merging working - would the enhancement assume that the first selected sticky/card was the first portion of the merged content for example?

Kiron

Hi @Kiron Bondale, thank you for your quick response.

I have attached a screen recording that showcases how funretro.io, a retro tool, is doing it. I believe this could be a simple and effective way.

@Ramon Salla Rovira -

I’ve used FunRetro before and that capability is very helpful when there are similar ideas raised out of an individual brainstorming situation. The one difference I find with Miro is because everyone can see what you are entering (unless you do batch entry of sticky notes), it is closer to brainwriting which means there may be fewer duplicates requiring merging.

Still a great idea though!

Kiron

+1 for this feature request. We recently ran a retro using Reetro, and the combine feature for similar ideas was fantastic. I don’t like that tool for certain things we do as the 4 column design is limiting (hence why we use Miro), but not having the ability to combine sticky notes in a tension breakout or retro makes things much harder. 

+1 for the feature request

Here is the same request in a different thread: Merge Two sticky notes | Miro

I’d love to merge stickies too (multiple if possible) using the excel approach if possible (Sticky 1 & “” & Sticky 2)

HEre is a use case example - where we later manually summarise the stickies