Collapsible branches on the mind maps

To me, this is the most glaring of the missing features on MIRO right now.  This app keeps getting better and works seamlessly, but that one missing feature is really holding us back from going all-in.  

Hi team, can we get an update on this feature status? Many of us are planning whether to keep investing on using it on Miro or moving away for more complex use cases of mind map.

To me, this is the most glaring of the missing features on MIRO right now.  This app keeps getting better and works seamlessly, but that one missing feature is really holding us back from going all-in.  

Agreed! And its been over two years. We users really need a way to roll up the nodes, in part b/c large mindmaps get hard to see/read. Similarly, an ability to better manipulate the shape of the map would help…. like change the style of individual child nodes. Please! 

I started using Miro this week. The first thing my boss asked me after I shared a mind map is if we could collapse the objects to make the mind map more readable. And here I am giving an upvote and reading this thread. 😭

Essential feature, for such a robust tool very surprised this basic feature doesn't exist - as others have said very much limits your ability to make coherent mindmaps once things get beyond a basic  level of detail as there is too much information to manage/organize at once time. 

Its omission is polarizing for productivity. I moved off of Ayoa to Miro, which though better in many regards, can only be used in a minimal way for Mindmaps. Mindmapping is a priority use case for me, for team ideation and planning.

We need to be able to collapse nodes, as many here have pointed out, because the Mindmap becomes too cluttered very quickly and is unwieldy to use individually or with teams, especially when presenting to others. 

@Miro Support Team is this capability on the roadmap and when can we expect it to roll out? If not on the roadmap can you provide some context about why not?

Hey, thanks for your feedback! In fact, it’s very timely –  we’re researching how we can improve mind map right now :) 

Any ETA on this yet?

For me, this becomes more critical every week. Miro works nicely for initial drafts and quick ideas. But for deep context and recurring work current implementation of mind-map capabilities is far off. 

I wish it were possible to easily collapse branches in Miro's mind map. 

Or to have a clear response if it’s something presented in Miro’s roadmap for the next 3-6 months. 

If not, it’s alright; maybe we just outgrew this element of Miro’s toolkit. 

Best regards

For me, this becomes more critical every week. Miro works nicely for initial drafts and quick ideas. But for deep context and recurring work current implementation of mind-map capabilities is far off. 

I wish it were possible to easily collapse branches in Miro's mind map. 

Or to have a clear response if it’s something presented in Miro’s roadmap for the next 3-6 months. 

If not, it’s alright; maybe we just outgrew this element of Miro’s toolkit. 

Best regards

The only possible explanation I have for why it’s not done yet: is to keep it simple. Forced Simplicity by Design may be a good choice for many early-stage users and projects. But later on, we still often end up having complex systems we need to work with.

I have been waiting for this feature for so long. A main reason for brainstorming is to go really deep and then try to see the big picture and go from there. I don’t really understand why this might be so difficult to implement. It has been more than two years that we are waiting for this feature and we are becoming a bit disappointed. 

I am adding my ‘vote’ for collapsible branches in the mindmap.

Collapsible branches on the mind maps

Collapsible branches on the mind maps is a MUST when you are Studying!  

A MUST when you want REVISING to know if Subjects or Notions are well known!

This is the #1 feature that is missing from other Mind Map tools.  It’s critical functionality.

You can now collapse/expand Mind Map braches in Miro:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730753-Mind-map#Expanding_and_collapsing_mind_maps

YAY! It Finally works! Thank you the Miro team!!! :-)

Hello all,

Drum roll 🥁… collapse and expand mind map branches is now LIVE!

Check out the product news post here for more details.

I want to personally thank everyone that has commented, voted and shared valuable insights on this topic - thank you. 

This thread will now be closed. Feel free to drop your comments and share your creations with others on the new product news post. 

Happy mind mapping,

Turner 

IdeaDelivered