Idea

Collapsible branches on the mind maps

Show first post

99 replies

Userlevel 2

Here is an example of why this feature would be very useful. I really hope I can collapse that massive chunk of purple lines soon. That big long blue URL also doesn’t need to be visible. 

The beauty of a mind map is that once we have made it, everyone can explore it, but they aren’t confronted with its entirety all at once. They explore it at their own pace, opening up the nodes, and taking parts in one at a time. 

Really needed when presenting large mind maps.

Ideally, would have “expand this node”, “Expand this node and all children”, and “expand this node, collapse all others”.

The latter would allow me to easily keep a smallish number of concepts up at once (5-10), for comprehension by viewers.

Userlevel 1

To me, this is the most glaring of the missing features on MIRO right now.  This app keeps getting better and works seamlessly, but that one missing feature is really holding us back from going all-in.  

I would really appreciate this idea becoming a deliverable soon - is there already a roadmap on track?

Any news on this feature?

Collapsible branches +1

Mind Maps is a way to present information and go into details when needed.

We want to get rid of Mindjet)

@Lena Shenkarenko 

Any updates since 8 months ago? Would love to know what the team decided (yes/no, timeline, other things)

Thanks!

Scott

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey, I agree with everything that has been said previously.
Possibility to collaps branches is really necessary.. )

Userlevel 1

To me, this is the most glaring of the missing features on MIRO right now.  This app keeps getting better and works seamlessly, but that one missing feature is really holding us back from going all-in.  

Agree. I just used it today to check the experience and see out what is the rave about MIRO is about. and this feature is a big let down for me since I create BIG Mindmap I was expecting the ‘Collapse/expand’ as basic or ‘must-have’ . Using X-mind I see the stark difference. X-mind may still be a better solution for me.

Userlevel 1

I’m 100% in agreement with this! Not having this might be a deal-breaker and force my team to choose another tool. Please hurry up with this feature, Miro team!

Same here. For collaborative mind-mapping this is very tedious without collapse/ expand.

Userlevel 1

I’m 100% in agreement with this! Not having this might be a deal-breaker and force my team to choose another tool. Please hurry up with this feature, Miro team!

Userlevel 1

Hey, thanks for your feedback! In fact, it’s very timely –  we’re researching how we can improve mind map right now :) 

One of the most missed features for me as well. Do you have any update on the progress for an extended version of the mind map?

Collapse and different background colors for the different levels (not only color the lines) would be helping a lot to extend current mind-maps

As a workaround for the background colors for different levels, I started using the text high-lighting feature to fill in the different shades.. sounds tedious and very manual (i know), but the result was alot easier on the eyes for my overgrown mind-map.. hehe.. so at least in my case, was worth the effort. Hope this helps..

I was looking for a online replacement for Freemind. Saw Miro and thought, man that looks cool. Tried the mind map feature and it doesn’t collapse. Bubble blown, sad face. Do I bother to evaluate the other features when the community has been asking for this for a year? 362 votes and nearly 8,000 views this is obviously a sought after feature.

I’m really busy and need a solution, NOW. I’m going back to Freemind so I can focus on what I was trying to do. Make a mind map. If you can't do it properly, don’t do it!

Sooooo need this right now, want a big company to adapt Miro and working with big mind maps is a must.

Userlevel 2

Hello! I would also like to add my support for this issue. Been evaluating Miro for the last few days and it is really great for what we are doing as a team, but our previous mind map solution let us collapse nodes, and it was incredibly important for the usability of the mindmap to close down nodes that are not currently in focus, especially when we store lots of details in child nodes that only need to be visible when our discussions dive into deeper detail.

Userlevel 1

Any updates Miro. In your support article from 3 months ago, you mention that it’s top of the backlog. 

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730753-Mind-Map

No, it is not possible to collapse and expand nodes yet. The feature is on the top of our backlog. 

Just adding to the long list above that we need this feature… 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

we need this feature :) ! a must!

I started a campaign on Linkedin to upvote this feature. See below. If you like/comment on it, more people will see it and we will have more chance to get this to the top of the list, and then HOPEFULLY get this delivered!

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/imre-farkas-0919a19_everyone-if-you-use-miro-please-upvote-activity-6843808308650930176-CzB7

Hey, thanks for your feedback! In fact, it’s very timely –  we’re researching how we can improve mind map right now :) 

This research is taking a lot!!!!! Ufff…..
Would me amazing positioning yourself as a company if this feature would be or not be available for use!
a little clarity and transparency is basic to develop a relation with your customers!
I would love a feedback from the product team!

Just adding to the long list above that we need this feature…just got asked for this by an Exec, embarrassed that it didn't have it especially since i've just convinced them to invest in an enterprise licence :/ 

Any updates on this one. What's the status?

Definitely need this feature.  Mind maps help visualize complex nested relationships in order to communicate.  Need to be able to expand/collapse each node to enable effective sharing of the concepts.  

Please add collapsible branch. With out this it just box and arrow. For many use-case where we use Mindmap to document complex process, no branch equal almost no value.

I love Miro and will keep paying but please put this feature into development pipeline.

Viet Anh

Userlevel 2

Every month or so I peek back in here. No luck yet. See you in 30 days!

The rising vote count gives me hope. 

Any idea when would the collapsible feature be available ?