Change the background color of the board

How to change the background color to white without using a frame?

This should absolutely be a feature! Come on Miro.

Please guys. we work hundreds of hrs a year looking at screens. 

Do us a solid with dark mode

Hi there. I’m new here and I’m so tired to wish for every single platform a DARKMODE! Please it’s so hard to work at night on a f***ing bright white board. This is so unhuman!

Thanks alot :)

I’m surprised it’s not possible to change the board background color.

Awesome product by the way. Hope that feature can be setup :)

Cheers!

Actually just found a workaround at least for now:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572374-Colors-on-the-board

By using a frame and putting a color on it

Agreed.

Top right is ”board settings” where the grid kan be changed or removed. If there was an option to pick any colour as background colour that would be great.

That way you can easy get a idea what board you are in if you are jumping in and out of several boards during a PI planning.

Having issues with bright colours now that many work from home watching a screen +10 hours a day.

or just to set a mood colour for a presentation background.

Would really love a dark mode toggle (or additional theming options)

Please add the ability to set the board’s background color to anything I want.

Better not let a month go by. I’m here because I have a serious headache from using your excellent but very bright tool today. Alternatively, what would it take? Could we do something to make it worth your time?

I want to switch to a darker background because the current color stresses my eyes. 

Please make it happen! 

Hi Miro Team,
I need to change the background in order to do screenshots for corporate Power Point. For example a white background without grid.

Thanks!

I don’t understand why this is still not a feature of Miro. There are a lot of new features that keep being added that are ‘nice to have’ but don’t add a lot of value in terms of UX/UI. Please add the ability to change the background, the colour is not great in terms of creating high contrast boards that would make it easier to read and make it more accessibility friendly for visual impairment. 

Hi Miro Team,
I need to change the background in order to do screenshots for corporate Power Point. For example a white background without grid.

Thanks!

Until it is possible to change the colour of the Miro canvas, you could 

1. disable grid mode (use the G hotkey) or manually under board settings → Preferences → Grid;
  2. use Frames, changing their colour to white;
  3. and then use Presentation Mode to present.

For the love of God, *please* add the ability to change the background color of a board, preferably to a custom color chosen via a color wheel. This seems as though it would be quite easy to do. If it is not, could someone from the Miro team please explain why???

FIX!

Step 1: Right click in the background and select “Show grid” to turn off the grid (if it was on).

Step 2: Create a big rectangle that covers all of your work are. Make it white. 

Step 3: Right click on the rectangle, select “Send to back”.

Done

IdeaBeta

YES to changing the background color of the miro board!

IdeaBeta

Thank you for the update Kaila T !!!! Cheering y’all on!!! 

Hi community members!

Brace yourselves for an exciting announcement: This long-awaited feature has officially reached General Availability (GA) and you can now choose from nine new
board background colors – including white.

Check out the board background colors announcement and let me know how its working for you.

BetaDelivered