Idea

Bulk Move: copy and duplicate of Boards between accounts and projects

Userlevel 4

We have a number of ‘master’ boards that have been designed and created in different projects.  The masters will be managed in our methodology team and then copied to other teams & projects for each customer that we have Miro workshops with. 

At present there are at least 70 ish boards which means a lot of moving & copying if we dont have a bulk transfer capability, especially inefficient if we have to move projects, board by board, customer by customer,  so any bulk move we can make would be very valuable.

It would be a great enhancement to Miro to be able to perform the following functions in bulk for multiple selected boards:

• Copy / Duplicate
  • Move to new Account
  • Move to new Project
  • Download Backup

14 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

After duplicating 40 boards by hand before a workshop, I would highly welcome such a feature! I think this is a new(er) kind of Miro users: Lecturers.

See also Twitter thread here: https://twitter.com/ntcoding/status/1280755405166186496

Userlevel 1

This feature would be highly effective for my remote training classes.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Yes!  A thousand times yes!

Setting up a new “project” for one of our training courses takes so long with the current features.  I would settle for “duplicate project and all boards” in the shorter term.

Longer term, all of the bulk features suggested would be helpful, with the addition of:

• bulk upload board backups;
  • bulk share boards - because we run public events, and I don’t want everyone on the event to see everyone else’s emails (GDPR!), I share boards on a board-by-board basis (rather than sharing at project level), currently very slowly, one at a time.

There are also some other tweaks that would help:

1. When uploading a board backup, assume that I want it in the project I am currently viewing and don’t add “Restored” to the name unless there is already a board in the project I’m looking at with that name.

2. When duplicating a board in a project, don’t automatically go into that board.  It’s quicker for me to click the board i created if I want to go into it rather than click back every time I duplicate a board.

3. Default to “create a copy in the same project” ticked.  It’s much more likely I’m going to want that, than to put it in the “no project” bucket.  Maybe even make it “create copy in <<clickable project name>>”, ticked by default with the current project name but if I click the name I can change it at this point so duplicate to a new project is one action.

4. Allow moving to a new account and project *at the same time*, in one action.  It’s a pain to move it to a new account, then go find it in the “no projects” bucket and then assign a project.
Userlevel 3
Badge

This is a much needed feature. A basic one I might suggest. 

Userlevel 1

Yes, as a lecturer this would make my life much easier (especially if I need to change something in the master board after making the duplicates for my students).

not having this feature will cost us (moving from team to enterprise) about 1-3 hours per head. I think this should be 1 click only.

This would be so helpful! I’m currently duplicating 19 boards to provide identical workspaces for student groups. Duplication, or “mirroring” a reference function would be so great!

The lack of this feature is killing us offering remote classes right now.  We have a class per week.  3-5 tables in each remote class that all need their own boards.  So if a 2-day class has 12 boards for activities that’s 48 boards that need to be copied per class, one click at a time.  I think this is the best software out there for those of us giving remote classes, but the lack of these features is extremely painful.

It would be particularly great if when duplicating boards they also retained the object locks. As a teacher making boards for a large number of groups that have varying levels of digital competence is a nightmare. I have to lock a large number of components so as to keep the teams from accidentally removing info and instructions they need, but when you duplicate the boards things are unlocked* by default. This means for a large class I have to go through dozens of boards that can have hundreds of objects manually locking things. Using groups makes this a bit quicker, but still a nightmare :sweat:

Bulk duplicating from a template with an adjustable board naming convention would be amazing. Retaining the locked objects and letting me adjust them automatically from a master template would be great as well.

*This was true last time I tried it

Bulk Actions is much needed. Bumping this request up!

Going through the process of cleaning up our Miro account after a few employees have left and wanted to archive boards and shift them around so that new employees don't have to look at so much clutter but it’s pretty painstaking! Have to go one by one. Would love to be able to drag entire projects into an archive. 

I agree with everyone,

As a consultant that works on average of 20 + net new clients a month, this feature would streamline my onboarding process by 10X.

I can foresee this being a make or break feature for certain agencies and organizations that have many moving parts. Luckily I have only 4 boards but plan on expanding into 10 + as my offerings expand.

Similar and related, please make it so that you can copy personal templates between teams. I’m a consultant and use a set of master templates that need to be used with each client team. It’s very time consuming to have to recreate them or do copy and paste workarounds between teams.

Hello  all,

I guess (hope) I have a question which could fit here:

I have a full licence. I created a lot of templates I want to share with my colleagues who are not in the same team. How can I “send” them an editable copy of the board? The original one should stay in my dashboard and not be changed by anyone… Is this possible? Maybe I can send them a backup file (.rtb file) ? Can they upload it to their dashboard? 

Thanks for any help!

Cheers David