Bulk Download of Attachments

Hey - as with everyone on here I’ve loved learning to use Miro over COVID and can see it being a tool for the future! 

It’s become a central hub for our multi-org, large constrium projects - a great collection point for research (Images, PDFs, Video links, article links) and diagram creation.

But when it comes time to create a final write up (usually in a DTP package like InDesign) it’s labrious to download each individual image, PDF, export each diagram as a frame individually…..

It’d be great if there was a ‘bulk download’ feature that let me select multiple objects at once and download them in 1 click!

@Matthew Carter -

Are you looking to download just a portion of the board or the entire board? If the latter, then the export to PDF approach should work well and if you don’t want certain frames, then use a PDF editing tool to delete the unneeded pages.

Kiron

@Matthew Carter -

Are you looking to download just a portion of the board or the entire board? If the latter, then the export to PDF approach should work well and if you don’t want certain frames, then use a PDF editing tool to delete the unneeded pages.

Kiron

Hey - let's forget about export as PDF for the moment, it could get confusing if I talk in terms of just images it might be clearer. 

I’d like a way to download all of the images that have been uploaded to the boards as original files in one go. So I hit a button, and all of the images, PDFs and other attachments within a board are downloaded as a zip into my downloads folder.  Then I can use them in a presentation or whatever another program quickly.

At the moment I have to go through each image and hit the ‘download’ button.

Does that make sense?

That’s a lot clearer, @Matthew Carter! Right now, a third-party browser add-in such as Image Downloader would be my only suggestion…

Kiron

Think this is the same issue: https://community.miro.com/got-a-question-ask-the-community-45/batch-download-images-1851

Same for me Matthew - I have my colleagues viewing for example 78 banners (jpgs) and they’re having to download them one-by-one. I’d love a shift>select>frames and bulk download. Voting this one up the list :fingers_crossed_tone1:

Voting for this one too! We use miro to track image research, it would be great to be able bulk download the images in one go.

I also vote for the bulk download - a really really necessary feature for teachers.

Until that I found a little workaround:

1. Download a board backup
  2. Rename from “your-filename.rtb” to “your-filename.zip”
  3. Unpack the zip.-file
  4. Then you’ll get a folder with all your images in original size

NOTE: It will download all images from the board - so if you need only a selection of images: Just copy+paste the selected images to a new blank board and download the board backup from there.

Hope I could help

But the bulk download is a must-have feature, that should be integrated by Miro.

@Thomas P :

One of the best findings:thumbsup::thumbsup: Thank you!

I also vote for the bulk download - a really really necessary feature for teachers.

Until that I found a little workaround:

1. Download a board backup
  2. Rename from “your-filename.rtb” to “your-filename.zip”
  3. Unpack the zip.-file
  4. Then you’ll get a folder with all your images in original size

NOTE: It will download all images from the board - so if you need only a selection of images: Just copy+paste the selected images to a new blank board and download the board backup from there.

Hope I could help

But the bulk download is a must-have feature, that should be integrated by Miro.

Fantastic! Thank you

I’d love this feature as well. 

I use miro for movie making. I import hundreds of images for a project. 

One use case:

I typically import all my storyboards in as JPGs. Miro makes it easy to arrange and rearrange them into a sequence I’m happy with. I’ll discard some images, update others until I’m feeling good about the storyboards. This can end up being a hundred single images in a layout. 

I’d love to be able to select all the final boards and export the images out again to be used in my editing application to add sound, moves, etc. 

Currently I have select each image and manually download one at a time. SUPER time consuming.