Bring back double click to add the last object used

Please bring this back as it was or as an option for user to set it on or off. It was very usable functionality and I am shocked to see it gone.

Same pain as everyone on this thread. This is an outraging move. Removing such a basic feature so abruptly, without any communication and without option for users to choose the settings they like best is a complete UX non sense. This is breaking the productivity of everyone who was used to this way of working, and there is no alternative provided, at least none that is as efficient.

Get back to your senses and do something, quickly.

Please bring it back! I thought I was taking crazy pills when I noticed this wasn’t working and had to google it to find it’s been removed - this seriously made my workflow so much faster, please make it a power user toggle!

Hi all,

any updates on this? I really would love to have this back or at least as a choice I can make and is not done for me…? 

Thanks for an update on this. 

I am geniuinely gutted to see this feature has gone. Why oh why oh why? It is going to slow me and my team/clients down soooooo much. 

Agree with comment above about reinstating this feature just for sticking notes but not for other last used objects. 

Please please please bring it back! 

Yeah, I'd be happy too if there was an option to bring that feature back.

Thank you, Miro Team, for creating and maintaining this beautiful platform!

yes please bring it back! it makes a significant dent in my experience right now!

Hi all, and thank you for your feedback and upvoting the thread! The product team is ready to test an improvement that will (hopefully 🙌) unlock one more way of adding new sticky notes to Miro boards. Please, DM me the email you used for signing up in Miro if you're interested in testing it and giving us feedback, and we will enable this improvement for you. 

Double-click to add sticky - this was the fundamental way I used Miro, and I taught my participants to use Miro, and I taught other facilitators to use Miro. 

It’s now a three-step operation (select tool, choose colour, place postit), involving 3 mouse moves and three clicks, when once it was a double-click in the place where you want the postit. Horrible to do and horrible to explain. I’m now feeling guilty for recommending the tool to organisations. So I need to know:

How can I make it quick and easy for meeting/workshop participants (new to any tool) to add postits to the board?

My only option appears to be to switch to Mural?

This should absolutely be brought back as at least an optional feature that can be toggled on and off. It was the single most powerful shortcut on the entire platform, and there isn’t even a close 2nd.

OK so I am not going crazy, this was a real thing that existed and it was not my imagination. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring this back in some form so “THEY” don't put me in a mental institution. 

Collaboard has it

https://www.collaboard.app/

Michael 

I thought my computer had gone mad and now I read that Miro actually did discontinue the double click option to add elements that are the same as the previous one!!! I’ve been using Miro for years and years and I’m going mad!!!! double clicking all the time by impulse and nothing. It’s really detrimental to productivity. PLEASE MIRO, BRING THE DOUBLE CLICK BACK!!!!

The double click feature to use the last object used again was really helpful. Also, comments are the only voice we People have.

You People can also get the amazing exam guide for Microsoft AZ-801 certification exam.

Miro is an amazing tool. But the decision to remove this feature is incomprehensible to me. It's driving me crazy. Has anyone thought about the impact on work efficiency? Please, please, pleas - bring it back ASAP! 🙏

This is the first time I’m logging into the community and I’m doing so just to beg for this feature back. It’s the ONE thing that would send me back to Mural ( I love everything else WAY more).  Simply put not being able to quickly add another sticky WHERE I want it severely disrupts my creative flow.  Bulk mode doesn’t work for this because: 1: I want to visualize WHERE I’m putting something when I do it and 2: I tend to cluster add (2-3 here, 3-4 there, etc). Even the mechanics of holding down the short cut key, selecting the note, and then clicking somewhere on the board is disruptive. 

I get how 64% of “casual” users found this annoying but for your power users, not having this is beyond annoying, it’s severely limiting.  Can you not make this an optional add that’s off by default?

I’m the same as several other users - this is the first time I’ve really felt the sting of losing a feature hard enough to voice it with the masses on a public forum. Please restore the the double click to sticky note function, or at the very least retain it as a toggle option in the user interface settings. It was incredibly helpful to keep up with my branch-based thinking pace across all my projects, something that I’ve found incredibly hard to replicate in other software as a neurodivergent person. Reframing this as a feature that significantly helps disabled users who struggle with similar software environments changes this from an aesthetic function to an accessibility function. Please re-implement this feature.

Me and my team stop using miro because this change. bring it back. at least leave the option to turn it on and off. 

its very un productive not having it

I still miss double click/tap to add a new note.  It was so intuitive to me, and so ingrained in my use of Miro, that 6 months after it’s gone, I still miss this feature.

Someone else said they felt like they were going crazy when it just disappeared overnight.  Me too.  I wasted SO much time trying to figure out what went wrong, and then searched the forums to find numerous threads complaining about it, a thread voting to have it returned, and some dodgy rationale for why it’s just too hard, and impossible to have this feature.

Please bring back the double click to create a new object, like the last one. 

And next time, maybe you need to do more diverse ux research before killing a feature like this?

Please bring the double-click to add last object back.  It’s especially useful when brainstorming and doing retrospectives.  When you have to mess around with the tool bar or doing a copy-paste of a note it really slows you down.  One of the best things about using Miro with the double-click feature was the “popcorn” effect of people adding ideas rapid-fire.  It actually made the experience MORE engaging for users even if it was a surprise the first time.

This was one of the best ease-of-use features of Miro.

I agree with the comments here - Miro should bring this feature back.

By removing this feature, Miro was trying to solve a problem that didn't exist. They were treating the symptom rather than the cause (the cause being the double-clickers of the world).