Block public sharing of boards

As I was changing various permissions for a board that I own, on a team that I have been temporarily invited to, I just realized that I could just make the board public. Worse yet, I could make someone else’s board public.

There should be an admin-level (Team or Company) permission setting(s) to limit the level of public access as well as who can set it in the first place.

Just a few se cases:

• Sensitive information - should only be visible to those on the team.
  • A consultant has added a client to a team/board a Full or Occasional user and doesn’t want them to share the board with others.
  • A company had added users to a team and is conducting new product idea focus groups with participants whom signed an NDA and doesn’t want to risk anyone publicly sharing some/any boards, e.g., to competitors.

A quick mockup of some possible options:

Hi @Robert Johnson,

Thank you for such a detailed description! This functionality is already available on the Enterprise Plan - https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730133-Sharing-Policy. Is it what you would like to have on the Consultant Plan?

@Marina -

Absolutely - this should be a capability for ALL pricing plans as most board owners likely wouldn’t want the folks they’ve invited to be able to increase the access to those boards. It’s kind of the equivalent of inviting someone to a party and they invite 1000 of their closest “friends” :joy: .

Kiron

@Marina - Whaaaaat? Who knew?! Certainly not this lonely Consultant Plan owner.

Â