Better Admin Controls

As the company admin I want to be able to access any board created by a team member and manage access rights on that board. 

It sometimes happens that someone prepares a board for a workshop but then doesn’t give the appropriate access to others - or they get sick and someone else needs to take over. 

Currently there is no way for me to do this without asking the current board owner to change access rights. Duplicating the board is sometimes a workaround but not if we’ve already sent out board links to participants. 

entirely sensible

Use case: As the admin of an Education Plan, a Team Admin (teacher) may want to block board or project create access for students, to avoid 100s of boards from being created. (If this is already possible, please let me know!)

This is also a backup issue … as Team Admin who does not actually ever create or edit boards, I also can’t perform a backup.  There really should be a ‘superadmin’ who has access to EVERYTHING, so, in corporate environment like mine, you can have IT or administrative staff member who manages backup/restore, permissions, onboarding of new members, offboarding of staff leaving the company and reassignment of their boards, and such.

As a Company Admin of a Consultant Plan, I want to ability to see and modify and board’s public sharing settings.

We sign legal contracts with our (global financial services) clients in which we warrant that we will keep our clients’ content secure. The idea that any team member can make our clients’ content available to anyone on the internet who has the link and that as a “company admin” I can’t prevent that and worse am not even notified is frankly frightening!

This seems like a weird thing to have on a “wishlist” to me - as a business owner and company admin, there’s no other enterprise software we pay for where I don’t have complete control over the content created within my company’s account. Admin ability to perform basic functions like backups and changing board names isn’t a feature, but a basic requirement of a SaaS content generation tool. How does it make any sense that I can remove a user, assign all of their boards to myself, then do whatever I want, but I can’t modify their boards while they remain a user?

Not meaning to rant, but this is a basic problem that I encounter all the time because I have ~25 users across dozens of projects and probably thousands of boards. (And I wouldn’t have so many boards if it were actually feasible to back up content and move it into storage out of Miro.)

Hi @JLF 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback about the admin controls. We apologize if this has created any frustrations when working in Miro.

We will be sure to share this feedback with our team and update this thread if this feature becomes available.

In the meantime, for those coming across this idea, if you feel this would be helpful for you or your business, please be sure to vote for it and leave a comment about your use case to help our team scope this request.

Cheers.