Basic text format editor of Kanban card description

I would like to be able format the text in a Kanban card description

1. Bold
  2. Italic
  3. Underline
  4. Bullet list ← Important :cry:
  5. Numbered list ← Important :cry:
  6. Add link ← Important :cry:

Bold, italic, and underline are less important because I can do that by using keyboard shortcuts [Command B I U]. Surprisingly, I cannot add link with [Command K]. And there’s no way to make a list. I am working around by copy and pasting a list from other text editor now, which is a huge hassle. 

Thank you.

Hi @Gem, you are right, you can use shortcuts for formatting! As for the lists, here’s what you need to do:

• “-“ + space at the beginning of a line for a bulleted list
  • “1.” at the beginning of a line for a numbered list

Links are not yet available, though.

In addition, would like a shortcut for strike-through format too. There is no way to do it in card description.

Another great addition would be to attach images to kanban card, same as adding links.

@Marina Any chance this editor gets harmonized with the one from the board notes (where “/” lets you format the block you are about to type).

It seems there are similar discrepancies in the product (color picker that are different here and there).

The board note editor is great. You should leverage it in other objects that allow for text paragraphs.

Thanks!

Thanks for your feedback, @bobino! I will pass it on to the team. 

@Marina Any chance this editor gets harmonized with the one from the board notes (where “/” lets you format the block you are about to type).

It seems there are similar discrepancies in the product (color picker that are different here and there).

The board note editor is great. You should leverage it in other objects that allow for text paragraphs.

Thanks!

I’d second and generalise that

There seem to be a lot of places where the miro behaviour is ‘local’ to the shape being edited - that makes a huge increase in learning time

Miro is overall problematic for swift productivity - its UX isn’t simple and clean but contextualised without visible indication of the context - thats a problem for adoption

Paragraphs would be great in kanban card description would be a great feature (ctrl+ enter). Definitely gives more possibilities to everyone.

hi, is there a way to add the Table inside the cards description ?

For example when i am tryping here i saw that there is a table insertion optin, but i have kanban installed that i am using, i can not do so there, there is no such table insertion.