Archive Projects & Boards

A bit surprised that no one has requested this simple powerful feature yet, my team’s boards is a total mess, it would be great if we are able to archive Projects mainly, boards archive would be nice to have but it wouldn’t substitute the projects.

This is especially helpful for Agencies and Freelancers who work with many projects a year, right now the only way to keep the directory clean is by by up the projects and deleting them, which is not fun when you have many boards within a project.

You guys are doing a great job with the product, but i really think it’s time to look beyond the board features and look after the directory and the organizational issues a bit, thanks.

Voice my support to add the “archive” function in the nearly future update, also allowing a paid user to make changes on the boards as now days you never know when someone is leaving. 

Registered on this board just to add another voice asking for this.

We have many boards that act as snapshots of the detail behind a decision, which ideally we’d archive to make them read-only, with a clear notice and the ability to add a note when archived that could contain a URL.

Would be really great to have “Archiving” feature for “Projects” and “Boards”

Just saying the obvious here: admins need to archive! :)

I’m in the same boat with you all.

I’d like to start 2023 fresh, and even after moving two boards, I am already feeling the massive weight of moving over 100 boards one at a time. Would also love to be able to nest projects within the Archive project to preserve the sanctity of the organization scheme. The ability to accordion a nested project would be an added bonus too.

Please we are in desperate need of such a feature.

I know the workaround suggested by the support staff could work, but it limits the team users to check on the board and if all users are allowed in this “archive” team, sensitive information could be exposed.

Same here, the archive function is desperately required from our side since it would make the coordination much easier.

If this should not be possible, please add at least a two-layer hirarchie for boards so one can create the following structure internally:

Project “Archive” > Sub-Project (Folder): All my to-be-archived projects

this would be valuable!

Users: “Knock-knock.”

Miro: “Who’s there?”

Users: “Community inquiring about archiving. We need it. We’ve stopped by many times before.”

Miro: <crickets>

User: [from the back] “I heard your competitors like Click-Up, Klaxoon, and Mural offer archiving!”  

Miro: _____________(your turn)

/push 

archive feature would be nice.

Please please we really need this!! The inability to archive at this stage is a real problem.

Totally agree with everyone else. Without this feature Miro starts feeling like a digital landfill. +1 for adding archiving, which could be as simple as allowing nested project folders (i.e. One called Archive), or a separate archive section to contain the project folders you drag in.

Archiving our student projects would be most welcome. Each new academic year, we refresh all the users, so a new year of student enter a team (e.g. Year 2), after the previous year has left that year.

Each new year of students leave a trace of projects, which we don’t feel like dumping somewhere, but which are impossible to organize/archive. 

So our solution is putting ‘ZZZ-archive’ at the beginning of all those project.
A bit like how we worked in MS-DOS in the 90s. 😏

That having said: we LOVE Miro, as teachers and students.
So if this is the sacrifice we have to make, we’ll continue putting ‘ZZZ’s’ in the project names, no worries at all. 🥳

I love Miro but it is becoming a mess. I have so many boards in so many projects that I had to create a spreadsheet with all relevant Miro information which is making me crazy. There are so many things that I do not need anymore. Please think about the archive functionality.

Why is this never cached up by the miro engineering team? Don’t you have something like a user-voice?

Hello mirro team, I really love your product using at for many years. However managing boards has become a bit of a mess there isn't a smart way to manage projects archive them sort them into folders in a clean and organised way there should be a screen where you can organise your projects into folders an archive them according me when you have hundreds of projects it become unmanageable because the projects on managed in one single small thin column on the left hand side of the user experience. I'm quite surprised this hasn't been integrated yet into the tool.

Please tell us you are working on an update? 

Utilisateurs : « Toc-toc. »

Miro : « Qui est là ? »

Utilisateurs : « Communauté qui s’interroge sur l’archivage. Nous en avons besoin. Nous nous sommes déjà arrêtés plusieurs fois.

Miro : < grillons>

Utilisateur : [de l’arrière] « J’ai entendu dire que vos concurrents comme Click-Up, Klaxoon et Mural proposaient l’archivage ! »

Miro : __________(à votre tour)

::> More feedback from PM/PO about community idea in this forum. | Miro

Do the Miro team read the IDEA threads? This is a feature much needed by some users (myself included), but I am not seeing any response by the miro team. Not even ‘you are holding it wrong’ , do it this way.

Is there a better way to get this on the teams backlog, than just adding to this very long thread (with 229 upvotes) ?

There is another IDEA  here Folders (directories) in projects | Miro . 

This would go a long way to helping with archiving, and it is in developement!

However, it was around 3 years before going into development.(1 month ago) , and there is no way to track the progress.

Anyway, fingers crossed.

I would like to echo everyone’s frustration with this inability to have basic archive and project organization functions. This is making it very difficult for me to find work/boards that are buried in various projects as it is cluttered with work that has been closed-off or completed. I don’t want to lose the important information in those projects and boards but keeping them there cluttered among the things we are actively working on is really not optimal. I agree with everyone on the thread that this is basic functionality of a useful tool. If you can’t organize your work within the tool, it renders the tool a little less useful...

It’s the fact that this still has no updates…

Easily a standart feature in most Apps.

I can’t understand why there isn’t an Archive feature. I’ve created a Project which I’ve called Archive. And I’ve been looking at moving things into it, but this is a very limited way of managing boards. There isn’t enough options in a Project to really manage an archive in a way that makes sense. And by moving the board into this project we lose an easy track of where the board originally came from. 

I can see how this would work and I am not convinced that it would be particularly difficult to do. We are an Enterprise customer with hundreds of boards and when we view the boards in our organisational Team it is cluttered and difficult to manage.