Allow more than 8 tags per item

Please allow tagging of items (e.g., stickies) with more than 8 tags.  

Use Case:

I’m doing user research and have been using tags to indicate which customers cited an issue. I interviewed more than 8 customers. 

I can relate to the problem Moll_Joy is indicating. This is definitely on the top of my wish list as well.

The abstract

It would be great to be able to add more than 8 tags to a sticker or card in order to clusterize around more than 8 tags.

The problem:

I am looking for a way to clusterize a large amount of projects around a large amount of involved organisations. Often there are more than 8 involved organisations in a project. Right now I cannot add more than 8 tags to a sticker or card.

The (possible) soluiton:

Allow more than 8 tags to be added to a sticker or card.

Exactly the same use case scenario for me - only solution is using the text in the sticky as a workaround. 

Limit reached for tags on a sticky note

It’s truly unfortunate how items have a tag limit, and small one at that :( 

I love Miro because I can create information architecture mockups easily with cards, tags, etc, but this limit is a serious limitations (ha! pun intended)

Adding to this idea. I am looking at creating a tool / template in Miro to apply Max-Neef’s human-scale development framework to innovation and design processes. The framework includes 9 fundamental human needs. But Miro allows only 8 tags.

I can probably find a janky way to do this with other elements in Miro, but tags on cards and post-its are such a handy and clean way to make this work.

Adding to this idea. I am looking at creating a tool / template in Miro to apply Max-Neef’s human-scale development framework to innovation and design processes. The framework includes 9 fundamental human needs. But Miro allows only 8 tags.

I can probably find a janky way to do this with other elements in Miro, but tags on cards and post-its are such a handy and clean way to make this work.

Of course just after I post this, I notice the error message says “to a single item”… so I went back and found that I can create a larger number of distinct tags, as long as only 8 of them appear on a given post-it or card. Cool cool cool. Nothing to see here for my immediate use case. Still would like to see an increase to the number of tags that can be applied.

Sign me up for this!

I’m conducting user research, and it’s critical for me to identify how many of the users that perform a task action that I’ve described in a sticky note. I need more than 8!

I like Miro, but the tag limit made me prefer another tool. I want to use the tags to identify cards that belong to the same theme or context, so 8 is not enough at all. What would work for me is to either remove the limit all together or allow unlimited tags of the same color. I do not need to see all of them on the card, but want to find them (with the highlight) in the search.