Admin account without license

As an administrator, I don't need a license to manage the users and licenses. I think it very strange that MIRO does not have this function. Now we can only assign one admin users, a general account (witch is not safe and wishful for a company) because every account needs a license and it is kind of stupid to pay for multiple license for admin users that don't even use MIRO it self. If also the admin want to use Miro, then of course you should be able to assign a license yourself. 
A good process would would be to have a button that says, create admin users without license or to use the “add user” and then as next step, decide to add a license or not and then select a role for that user (member or admin)

@Marv - Depending on your plan/subscription type, this may apply to you (source: Admin Rights Help Center article, FAQ #4):

Miro should do a better job at explaining this - perhaps on the team profile Billing page. 

hi @Robert Johnson thank you for your reply.
My request has nothing to do with billing. I simply want to manage our multiple account as an admin, but as an admin without my admin to have a need for a payed license , because I don’t use Miro myself for my work.

I have +1 to this.  I am the System Admin and do not intend to use this product at all except for user-administration so pointless I am assigned a full user license.  Please make a new user-roles ‘Team Admin’ or define a ‘collaborator’ or non-collaborator’ groups.

I’ll echo this desire.  I am IT and do not, and will never, use Miro, but I would be the person to manage the account and users.  It’s totally silly that I would need a full license to do that.   

Hi, 

we just signed up for Miro, and found out that to be administrator you need to pay for a license. Hope you will rethink that, because many companies with all agreements as plans, licenses, programs etc use someone just to administrate. 

+1

If you are on the Enterprise Plan, you can set administrators onto a free restricted licence and they will be able to have full admin rights without taking a licence. 

Flexible licensing has to be enabled.

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

I’m getting a 404 for that page. 

Personally I am responsible for onboarding new designers but I don’t actually use Miro so this would be very useful for me. I need to administrate who has a license etc without actually wanting to have one myself. 

Same issue here! Our admin doesn’t need to use one of the licenses, and we don’t want to transfer the admin role to a standard user. 

We need an account that will be managing the subscription, but not using the software (paid license). We don't want any of the users to be in charge of the subscription.

As many people have explained here before me, I do not see any benefit in purchasing an admin subscription, since I do not use the platform at all and only manage permissions for the various users.
Would it be possible to resolve this issue?

I am honestly surprised that the ability to separate an admin account from a user account is not already as the concept of least privilege has been around for years.  I am one of the admins but am also a user and no matter how careful you are, there is always the possibility of making mistakes.  Additionally, as a company admin, I see ALL boards, which makes using Miro a bit cumbersome.  At my company, we have a hard requirement for this separation and will have to eat 2 licenses per company admin.  And as we do not leverage flexible licensing, going that route is a no go.

+1

I need to administer users, but do not use any boards.

Please make this possible!

I have the same need, the admin account doesn't use the product's resources, it's only used for payments, upgrades and adding users.

Surprised this is still not available. Adding my comment in hopes there’s still traction to get this implemented. Admins don’t necessarily need Miro licensing so it shouldn’t be a requirement just so we can assign licensing to other staff.

Use case is often like that: a company has a handful of administrators, who maintain and support users with all their neccessary stuff like licenses etc. Often they do not use the product itself to do their job. They only want to add users, buy and cancel licenses, organize the team. There is no need for them to have a ful miro license.
Conclusion: please create an admin role, which has no need of a full miro license. Thank you!

Completely agree with this feature request. We recently had a user request an annual Miro license and we suspect more users will also end up requesting licenses, so we went with the Business Plan for the SSO Okta integration. I was surprised to see that I can’t have an unlicensed admin account that lives in the portal just to manage user access and SSO settings. This account is never going to use the product, but we still have to consume a license. I tried making it a guest user, in hope that a guest could still be a company admin, but as soon as I made it a guest, it removed the admin role. Very surprising, and unfortunate, behavior for a product that promotes business and enterprise admin capabilities.

Hi @Cranappras 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback about the admin account controls. If you're on an Enterprise plan, you can convert the Company admin to Free restricted and save a full seat. You still get the full admin rights but no edit rights for boards. The only prerequisite is that the "Flexible License Program must be enabled" on your Enterprise plan to get the option for conversion to Free restricted.

If you're operating outside of an Enterprise plan, please continue to up-vote for this ability and leave a comment about your use case to help our team consider this request. Thank you!

@ElvaMiro Thanks for the info. We went with the Business Plan because we didn’t have enough users to justify the Enterprise Plan.

Two years on the list, and available on the enterprise plan. shouldn’t be to much to ask to add it to the other plans as well? Why would you bill for a seat that is not really using the real product features.