Add optional setting to use left clicking to move around

Miro just changed to have to right click in order to move around the board. I’m trying to get used to it but it’s just driving me crazy. I’ve also been trying to hold the space bar and use the hot keys. 

Can you please create a setting to allow the user to decide if they want to move around with a left or right click?

REALLY wish that this was optional. Please please please!

I 2nd this request! I have finally gotten the hang of using MIRO in my current position and I log into the board today and now I have to right click to navigate, its not natural and it is awful! Please allow the user to chose if they want left or right click navigation!

Echoing this request. It’s not that re-training will be impossible, more that I’ll be fighting against eight years of muscle memory buildup.

Also, for the record, glad that the middle mouse button has not been affected (clicking the middle mouse button also serves as a safe panning option, which I actually prefer, as I can zoom and pan in one swoop).

If there are higher priorities on the dev side of things, all good. Brain re-training is always a fun exercise. Knock the proverbial rust off :)

Actually, circling back around to my earlier comment, it actually feels pretty good to move around with the right-click. I also like that contextual actions, such as cropping jpegs, are not disrupted by a right-click move. It’s too late to edit my previous comment so adding another reply.

@Kyle Chipman, I’m very happy to hear you were able to get used to the updated behavior and find it working well for you! And thanks for taking the time to share your feedback here :bow:  

@Amanda Coughlin @Keirstin Townsend @Kellyn Wilhide  – wanted to check in with you to see if you were able to get used to right mouse button panning? Please, let me know how it’s working for you, I’m more than happy to share your feedback with the product team! 

@Lena Shenkarenko It’s just a change I’ll need to. I understand how it makes sense to keep it that way. Like Kyle said above. It’s just muscle memory getting used to it. 

@Lena Shenkarenko  I still highly dislike it. I agree with @Keirstin Townsend and others all the user to chose if they want left or right click.

@Lena Shenkarenko would still like this to be an optional feature. I am a left-click brained person.

Thanks @Kellyn Wilhide and @Keirstin Townsend , noted! 

Today is the first time i have used MIRO heavily for several hours on a training...its driving me crazy tiring to use the right button do drag. What prompted to make the right button mandatory. Please give setting options to switch. I am ready to engage with the product owner if needed.