Add ability to create a child board from a frame on an existing board

As a user collecting information

I need to share a frame from my master board as a standalone workspace for collaborators

So I can easily manage ideas, feedback and suggestions from many children on a single parent board

• A child board can be created from a frame within an existing board
  • A child board can be shared separately from its parent
  • A child board has separate permissions from its parents
  • A child board inherits the size/shape of the frame
  • As the child board is updated, its changes are reflected in the frame it was created from on the parent

Hey @Nathan Wright! It is an interesting request. Could you elaborate on your use case, please? 

Hi @Anton Telitsyn , thanks for following up! For context, I work as PM on a couple of applications at our organization - I was using many boards on Miro for each new brainstorming session, customer call etc. but found myself duplicating or losing ideas across them. I consolidated my work into a single, large ‘parent’ board that connects together user challenges, user story exercises and a overarching product roadmap.

Ideally I could share individual sections of this larger board (such as a user story mapping exercise for a particular feature w/the UX + development teams) without having to give full access. Frames have worked well to organize the larger board into workspaces, and were the scope of what I would want to share on a seperate board that connects back to its parent.

Thanks @Nathan Wright for the explanation! I’ll DM you for some details :)

Interesting idea! I can definitely see a use case here: I want to keep the existing board going, but want to create a new board starting with some of the objects in my existing board. Therefore, I would even break this down idea to the option to create a new board from a selected group of objects.

I would like the ability to EMBED a board into another board.  Just like I can PASTE a PDF or PPT file which remains linked, or use Web Page Capture.

This would allow me to Link work across multiple boards.

Ideally:

Pasted board would remain linked, unless broken (becomes a copy).

Clicking an embedded board would open that board normally.

Did this ever become a feature?

I found this thread searching for the exact same functionality described in here.

For context, I’m the head of IT on a Salesforce consultancy, and I manage some products that we have been developing as add-ons to the current architecture of the platform, so I need the ability to have a big picture view of the functional areas that our products fulfill within the platform’s ecosystem, and then to drill down into each functional area to outline and compare features accross competing products.

This functionality would GREATLY help me build a visual model where I can track both big picture and detailed discussions around the products that I manage, and in what functional area do they sit on the platform.