Ability to share custom templates saved in Miro

As many of adapt to a virtual world for the weeks (or possibly months ahead), I’m wondering about the ability to share materials/templates between different accounts.

I’m part of a community of Certified Scrum Trainers. We don’t have a common business and therefore will have our own independent Miro instances/organizations. 

How can we share Miro templates between us? I ask because with 50+ people trying to go from real world training to virtual all at the same time, many of us would like explore shared materials.

Can we do that?

I will go further:

I like to see the possibility to share my template

and to choose three options:

1. Share to team
  2. Share to miro members: and then add e-mail adresses
  3. Share to miro community

This (3rd option) will lead to a nearly same site like the offical template site of Miro:

https://miro.com/templates/

The only difference is that it is clear, that the templates are build from miro users.

So even cooler would be, if i can rate the template or see how often it’s been downloaded

Best regards

Michael

Hi @mlanders! I think your 3rd option is a great idea! Is this something you’d be interested in contributing too? 

Also ​​​​​@Mark Levison, would a Community Template Gallery of community boards, workflows, and frameworks benefit you 
as well? Is this something your community of Certified Scrum Trainers would be interested in contributing too? 

If not, I'd recommend is utilising Board Backups. With the backup feature, you can download copies of your boards and share the files with anyone you choose. 

Kristin

Hi @mlanders! I think your 3rd option is a great idea! Is this something you’d be interested in contributing too? 

Kristin

Hi Kristin,

yes of course i am interested.
I do coaching-sessions with miro and i can add templates to it.

I can deliver it in German and English.

Michael

Also ​​​​​@Mark Levison, would a Community Template Gallery of community boards, workflows, and frameworks benefit you 
as well? Is this something your community of Certified Scrum Trainers would be interested in contributing too? 

Kristin - thanks for the information I shared back the other CSTs. Personal guess - some would share and others are more guarded with their IP.

Cheers

Mark

Thanks @Mark Levison. That makes complete sense to me, I’d be interested to hear the feedback.

Also, it goes without saying but I’ll say it anyway… if you find yourself wishing we had a specific scrum template/resource and can’t find it or could do with some improvement, please let me know. 

Hey guys, 
when you create a custom template you already have an option to share it with the team. Enterprise plan also allows sharing it with the entire company (all existing and new teams will have access to the template. 
Here’s more about it (scroll to Custom templates).

How about the Consultant plan? I have my own team A and then several teams 😎  with my clients. Can I share templates from Team A to Teams B + D for example?

Right now I am preparing a board in Team B and have no access to the Team A templates I created earlier. I do not want to go the route of creating a board in Team A and then move it to Team B. 

Hi Manuel,

it is possible in the Consultant plan.

All Templates are available accross your complete account. 
You can find it here:

No matter if you create a template in a project folder, like it is shown here:

Or there are all together under all boards:

The only problem is, if you got two different accounts, like me:

Then the Template is only available in the account you have created it.

Workaround for this:

1. Open your two accounts: 
  2. Place every template you like to work in your second account
    onto a board from your first account.
  3. Mark them and copy them
  4. Open your second account
  5. Create a new board
  6. Paste the content / frames
  7. Create new templates

Michael

I’m trying to decide if I want to upgrade from the free account to the $8/month account.  The primary reason I would want to do that is to share custom templates with my class of 40 students who are on free accounts.  If I upgrade, can I share a custom template with my 40 free account students or would they each have to upgrade to the $8/month account to see my template?  

Hi @Mark Levison and @mlanders ,

We’ve just launched Miroverse, the community templates gallery. Here we showcase templates from the Miro community, as well as their creators. 

If you’re interested in sharing your boards with the world, we’ll help you turn it into a public template and get it published on the site. You’ll also get the added bonus of a dedicated Miroverse profile page, so all your templates will have a home together. 

Here’s a direct link to the submission form: https://miro-survey.typeform.com/to/mYzpWs

But if you first want to dive into the details, you can also check out the Help Center.

Best, Kristin

I wish this worked like the way mural works

https://support.mural.co/en/articles/2113736-publish-murals-as-templates

Any board can be turned into a template, which can be deployed into someone else account. No hacky workarounds with backup files, or going through a gated community template library

Would be amazing to see it made as easy as sharing templates or simply boards as you can share and duplicate them with Notion.

I add my vote, because I want share templates Tools/workshop board like

• DOD Kards
  • DOR Kards
  • Agile Smells
  • Moving motivatore
  •