Ability to lock tags

The Problem

Currently any change to a tag applies to the whole board (new tag, title or color change, and deletion). We are using Miro to run large workshops (75+ people at once, many of them novice Miro users) and find that tags often get accidentally deleted across the whole board. This results is confusion by team members who are working elsewhere on the board and see their tags disappear, and time lost as the facilitators have to go back and add in the tags after the fact (in hopefully the right place).

The (Possible) Solution

It would be great to manage tags as the owner of the board so that any of the pre-defined tags could be locked down for people to add/remove from objects but not delete or edit.

+1

Our organization is constantly dealing with accidentally deleted tags

This happens even when users are not Miro Novices. We have been using Miro for at least a year now and this still happens, likely due to the confusing UI (the pencil icon encourages people to click that instead of the tag to add/remove it from the item).
Perhaps editing tags should simply be moved to a dedicated location rather than being in-line on each item on the board. This could be an easy-to-implement interim solution while the suggestion in the OP is refined and developed.
A simple warning when you click edit that it will affect all items on the board might be enough to scare people off too...

A simple warning when you click edit that it will affect all items on the board

+1. Very low effort / high value tweak.

Edit: Created an isolated idea post for just this here.  I think just a simple warning like this would be enough to solve the issue for our organization.

+1

My students have accidentally deleted tags and it can disrupt everyone’s work in class. I am hesitant to depend on this feature because they can be deleted so easily by people who don’t know what they’re doing.