Idea

Ability to create flowcharts in the BPMN language in Miro

Userlevel 4

It would be great to be able to use Miro to create flowchart in the BPMN language and optimize my company's processes. Is there any possibility of doing this?

39 replies

Hello!

Is any solution for BPMN present?

Without it miro is a useless stuff...

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Oleg Krutitskiy

Check earlier page in this post - there I have posted a demo of a plugin I built which gives you the BPMN icon library drag and drop from the side panel. 

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/ability-to-create-flowcharts-in-the-bpmn-language-in-miro-355

If you’d like to try it out - direct message me and I’ll give you the install link. 

cheers

max 

Mural haspublished a BPMN template some weeks ago, when will Miro follow?

https://www.mural.co/templates/business-process-model-diagram

@mlanders 

This is probably one of the most important features we’re missing and actually a potential reason to not use Miro but a competitor instead.

Which would be very sad as I like everything about Miro. But natively supporting BPMN is a must have in our opinion.

Is a feature like this on the roadmap by any chance?

Mural haspublished a BPMN template some weeks ago, when will Miro follow?

https://www.mural.co/templates/business-process-model-diagram

With a more or less good / compliant icon set… :-D

Lucidchart has a fully functional BPMN solution, not just images.

@mlanders

This is probably one of the most important features we’re missing and actually a potential reason to not use Miro but a competitor instead.

Which would be very sad as I like everything about Miro. But natively supporting BPMN is a must have in our opinion.

When you look at how Lucidchart works with fully functional Process Templates I wonder why anyone would bother with Miro. I’ll stick with Powerpoint and Lucidchart.

Check this: youtube.com/watch?v=VVkd-jqGuq4 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Tom Fit  

IMHO, It’s been alluring, for me, from time to time, to think that process engineering or process modeling is the one and only true ‘business design’-  and yet, I keep having to remind myself that it seems more true to me, that the full domain of ‘business design’ is much larger, encompassing far many more stakeholders, users, disciplines, tactics, practices, vocabularies… its filled with ultimately much messier processes that need a blend of agility, creativity and high-usability of the shared thinking tools, so as to invite wide adoption and participation.   

It seems to me, Miro has shot for the much larger much messier bottom of this pyramid while the Lucid Chart and other engineer-first tools are aiming for the top.  The result, however, of a power-user first model, is an app that is pretty isolating to just those power users and inaccessible to many others.    

I suppose, while I love the engineering strength of other tools and definitely share some of your frustrations with Miro (and look forward to the coming additions), I would only in a very particular, rare instance, trade it for the camaraderie of millions of other happy active users, who are delightfully partying under the wide tent of high-usability at Miro. 

In short- I personally, and professionally, love these ‘hacks’.   

--

Hi Max, would you kindly share with me the installation for the BPMN symbols that you created and demo 5 months ago? Thank you very much for you help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi Max, would you kindly share with me the installation for the BPMN symbols that you created and demo 5 months ago? Thank you very much for you help.

@Brandon Goh - To protect your privacy, we recommend not to share any personal information such as email addresses on the Community. I have therefore removed this information from your post and have shared your email address with @Max Harper via private message.

unfortunately

free Lucid has object limit and not suitable for creating big (or mid) diagram

@mlanders

When you look at how Lucidchart works with fully functional Process Templates I wonder why anyone would bother with Miro. I’ll stick with Powerpoint and Lucidchart.

Check this: youtube.com/watch?v=VVkd-jqGuq4 

I would go for lucidchart any day of the week if it was up to me. Now my company has decided on Miro but I keep arguing to revisit the decision and go for lucidchart and lucidspark instead. In my opinion they are playing a different game, a game I want to play.

BPMN is now available to Business and Enterprise plans within Shapes > All Shapes > Manage Shapes

https://miro.com/changelog#October-25-2021

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403634496402-Miro-for-mapping-diagramming

I have the consultant plan. I was even advised by the sales department of Miro about this subscription. The Consultant plan is for individual consultants. I have always used Smartdraw for BPMN but their online version is worse than Hell. And now I have to realize that with the Consultant plan you can't use this featcher at all. What a joke. But almost every consultant works with BPMN for his customers.