A drawing tool that automatically disappears after a while / Presentation marker

It would be great to have a Pen tool but everything you draw will disappear after a set amount of time. Similar to how the drawing tool in Slack call works.

This is great for drawing attention to certain area of the board but not actually drawing on it.

This is so necessary for me!! 

When in presentation mode, make it possible to write something on the screen that disapears after a few seconds. IE when I’m talking about a certain item, I would like to draw a circle around it to highlight it on the screen and after a few sections it disapears just lite Slacks drawing feature in screen sharing mode.

This was just about the only thing I found in Miro that really felt like a big hole. Viewing other people’s cursors is a step in the right direction, but having temporary shapes would be great.

When i’m presenting miro from my ipad i don’t even have the cursor to direct peoples attention. Laser pointer feature seems like a must tbh

This seems like a real oversight to me. Otherwise you have draw a bunch of things and then go back and delete them. You can undo, unless you have drawn things you want to keep mixed into that sequence…

Under the pen options, you could have a checkbox or something to “fade”...that way, you could choose the style you want to use as well, not just be limited to a “pointer”

Presentations without the ability to actually point or highlight things? This just feels like such an obvious addition, I was genuinely surprised to find it missing from an otherwise excellent and very comprehensive tool.

I’m on the consultant plan and use Miro for presenting to my clients, but I’m currently resorting to using a regular screen share (Slack) + https://github.com/geovens/gInk when I want to freely highlight and draw over the diagram.

Mural has a decent “laser pointer” tool.  It would be great to have a similar tool in Miro.

Having the pen tool available in presentation mode would be game changer! 

Strongly agree. This one feature is why I still prefer LucidSpark over Miro. Would love to see this in Miro.

This is very much needed while presenting to others!  Microsoft whiteboard has a similar feature that leaves behind a short lived neon/laser looking line that can be used to draw attention to an area.  The line length and time on screen lasts just long enough to highlight something.

This would be so nice when doing math teaching!  I am transitioning to Miro from Jamboard, and on Jamboard the “laser pointer tool” as great.

My current kludge is to have one of the pen tools set to a thick green line, and then I underline what I want to emphasize, then immediately hit undo.  But that is awkward and needlessly slow.  It also uses up one pen tool slot, and I would love to have all three available for actually writing clearly.

This is sooo required for workshops.

@Miro please don’t turn into Atlassian and have much desired features sitting in the backlog for 3 (as it is now).., 5, 8, 12 years!