2FA - 2 factor authentication

Hi, I would love to increase login security by enabling 2FA (2 factor authentication). For example through Google Authenticator, Authy, etc.

@Anne Pitkänen -

I'm very happy to tell you that we have this week released 2FA to Miro Enterprise customers.

Any plans to improve security for the rest of your customers?

Hi everyone!

I'm very happy to tell you that we have this week released 2FA to Miro Enterprise customers. Now, Enterprise company admins can require non-SSO users to go through an extra identity proofing layer when logging into Miro.

2FA should be a feature available to ALL customers, not hidden behind the enterprise plan. I totally understand why SSO would an enterprise feature, however two-factor authentication is a basic security feature which should be available to all clients paying or not. 

How is it possible that 2fa is not offered as a basic option, this can only lead to problems. 😤 This is the only point that bothers me about miro at the moment.

My clients are moving to Mural because Miro does not have 2FA and Mural does. It’s an essential security feature and my contracts mandate that I meet this requirement as outlined by th National Cyber Security Centre. So for many of them it’s too late for Miro and they have already moved. I will be forced to move too soon if 2FA isn’t implemented. Which makes me sad as I would rather not.

I’ve asked Miro on Twitter a few times, but I’m being ignored, just like this basic feature.

Hmmm...Miro, not allowing ALL users to have 2FA, especially with generative ai showing it’s ability to get past default security measures, unless you pay thousands of dollars….maybe it’s time for all of us to consider FigJam. A cheaper price + 2FA, regardless of tier...there’s a few features missing with FigJam, but honestly, nothing essential to be able accomplish the same outcomes/collaborate.

Would I like to stay with Miro? Of course I would, but not if they are going to hold essential security features hostage needed by everyone...will need to strongly consider other options.

@Thomas Larsson at Milky Way @Eddie Zhang @Andreas Lubbe @Robert Johnson @Maik @chrisc @Matt Batchelor @ITO @MichaelWang @Pradeep Susarla @Tristan Forrester @Aaron Costello @S17 @Maeve Rutten @Robert Linhardt @StupidJan @Dirk Ahmann @Contrem @BlueShield @imogenmiro @eseImpala @nx_studio @Mifi 

@Emily Webber Mural has their’s set at 50 user before one can have MFA last time I checked, which was just a couple weeks ago.

FYI @Anne Pitkänen...please listen to your customers, especially when there is competition like FigJam already taking customers away from you.

Hi @foundsoul thank you for tagging me for visibility! 👂

We decided to introduce 2FA from the Enterprise plan while working with some design customers from the Enterprise plan. I have flagged this internally to see what options we have going forward.  I don’t have any details to share so we’ll have to come back later with more details while we do our roadmap planning going forward. 

Hi @foundsoul thank you for tagging me for visibility! 👂

We decided to introduce 2FA from the Enterprise plan while working with some design customers from the Enterprise plan. I have flagged this internally to see what options we have going forward.  I don’t have any details to share so we’ll have to come back later with more details while we do our roadmap planning going forward. 

Are you planning to enable 2FA for non-enterprise users in the future or should 2FA only remain an affordable feature?

@Maik, you’re welcome! Btw did you mean, “remain an unaffordable feature”?

Here’s a fun theory to consider...MIRO was PAID BY some of the larger ENTERPRISES NOT TO PUT 2FA ON NON-ENTERPRISE ACCOUNTS so that they could easily hack in and IN ORDER TO STEAL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY undetected. Lol (maybe...hahahah)

My company won’t allow me to use Miro if no 2FA available to starter and/or Business plans. 😔

You can’t not offer 2FA in this day and age. This is a standard requirement at all levels of package. As a small business We are not going to be able to afford to upgrade to a pro package. We don’t need SSO, but you need to add 2FA to be compliant at all.

We are a small company and we have an IT policy where it is mandated that we use 2FA therefore we are unable to use Miro. 

We would love to use this product however this is the only reason why we cannot fully use this. Please implement this onto Business Plan so that businesses like ours can use this.

Regards

Rebecca