Track presence of the students

• 19 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Dear all, I am a beginner in Miro.

I am living and working in Italy, and CODIV-19 situation is worse everyday.

I am strategic designer and part of my activicties is design training to students and companies . I would like to prepare a partecipatory workshop based on design thinking methodologies with company’s design office team. HR director asks me to track the presences of the student (when each student connects to the board and when disconnects to the lesson), do you kow if Miro has such a feature? I have to produce a doc or exel or something similar that recap students’ presences and amount of hours ..company pays  per hour :-(

Thank you in advance for your support

Valentina

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Valentina, 

I don’t think there’s a way to do that in Miro as it is (someone correct me if I’m wrong)…

But it sounds like something that should be possible with a workaround.

Hopefully someone with more dev experience can help?

David

Thank you @David Latham . Can I record the team session?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Different ways of setting up classroom sign-in sheets?

Greetings fellow instructors!

For audit purposes, we need to track who is attending our classes and which days they have attended. In physical classes, we would just use a normal paper sign-in sheet.

I’ve thought of the following options in Miro but would love to hear if there’s a better method which overcomes the disadvantages I see with each:

1. Have a simple text box-based frame or a table where folks go and type in their names for each day of the course. Very easy to implement and use but doesn’t really “prove” they attended the course on those days. Very easy to export.
  2. Use the new Notes panel and create a simple checkbox based sign-in (one box, per person per day). Looks very elegant, easy to export, but again, won’t “prove” they attended.
  3. Use comment bubbles - perhaps one comment thread per day which learners would reply into. Good from a “proof”/audit perspective, but has to be exported using a screenshot vs. Miro native export capabilities and is not an intuitive approach.

Is there a better way?

Thanks!

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Kiron Bondale, I’ve merged your message with a similar topic created a bit earlier :slight_smile: