[RESOLVED] I have problem with Jira cards estimation - I can't choose the Jira board

Userlevel 1

I imported Jira cards into Miro and I would like to estimate them. After I selected the area of cards, the Miro wants me to “Choose Jira board” and doesn’t show options and it’s not possible to write it down manually. 

However estimation of any other object (stickies) is possible without no problem, however this is not what I want… Is it the software bug or my mistake? I was also checking settings but there’s not much for me to do.

I was googling and haven’t found a solution.

Callum Jefferies 1 year ago

Hey everyone,

We’ve just pushed out a change that should fix the problem here. Please give it a try and let us know if the issue has gone away.

Thanks everyone for your help on this 🙇

Callum

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 1

I am having the same problem!

Userlevel 1

I’m also running into this problem, a few days ago I didn’t have to select a board at all! Maybe a bug with a recent update to it? Anyone have any fixes?

Userlevel 1

Same problem here. 

Userlevel 2

Hi @Andrea Angie Fickova @Anita Chen @Joseph McConnell @Maria Martinez 

Thanks for your reports!

Looks like there’s a bug on our end that is causing this issue 🛠 The team is already aware and working on the fix. I'll be sure to update everyone in this thread once the fix is released. Please bear with us! 

Userlevel 1

Have you made any progress on that bug?

Userlevel 1

@Ilaria Cuneo any news? 

Userlevel 1

Hey everyone,

I’m one of engineers at Miro working on the Estimation app. First of all, sorry for the inconvenience relating to this issue. I appreciate the frustration that it’s caused for some of you 😔

Up to now, we haven’t been able to figure out what’s going wrong as it only seems to happen for some users. This is where we need your help!

We’re looking for some willing volunteers to gather some information at the step where we fetch boards from Jira in the app 🧐

To participate, you will need to be a user of Google Chrome. If that’s you, we’d really appreciate you following these steps to create a diagnostic file.

1. Create a new Miro board containing some Jira cards
  2. In Chrome, go to View > Developer > Develop Tools, then navigate to the tab named ‘Network
  3. Now open up the Estimation app and place the area over the Jira cards on the board
  4. In the Chrome Network tab, you should see a line appear with the name ‘board’ - this is the result we get from Jira with a list of boards
  5. Right click this line, and select the ‘Save all as HAR with content’ option
  6. Upload the result in this thread

And that’s it! Attached is a screenshot showing what to look out for with the above steps.

Thanks all!

Callum 

Sorry can we attach .har in these threads?

Userlevel 1

Callum Jefferies mine is now working, would the .har still be useful? 

Userlevel 1

Hey @Adam Fearn - apologies, I’d overlooked that .har files can’t be uploaded here.

There is an alternative:

1. Under the same right-click menu in Chrome, there is a Copy > Copy all as HAR option
  2. With that on your clipboard, create a Code block here in a new post and paste the content, selecting JSON as the language

Thanks 🙇

Userlevel 1

Hey @CCharrier, that’s great to hear 🙌 We haven’t made any changes on our end so it must be coincidence that it’s started working for you. Did you make any notable changes to Jira on your side?

Userlevel 1

@Callum Jefferies, no haven’t made any changes on Jira. 

Userlevel 1

OK, good to know. And to answer your previous question, a .har file isn’t needed in your case but thank you for your consideration 🙏 Let me know if you run into any other problems.

Still can’t upload the content , is there specifics I can narrow it down to?

Userlevel 1

Hey @Adam Fearn, could you please email your .har file as an attachment to callum@miro.com? Sorry about the confusion - seems my knowledge about the limitations of the Miro community isn’t really up to scratch 😅

Userlevel 1

Hey all, quick update - with @Adam Fearn’s help I’ve found an issue where not all Jira boards belong to a project, which was causing them not to show in the dropdown list.

I’ve got a fix on the way now, so I’ll update here as soon as that’s released for you all to try 🧑‍💻

Hey all, quick update - with @Adam Fearn’s help I’ve found an issue where not all Jira boards belong to a project, which was causing them not to show in the dropdown list.

I’ve got a fix on the way now, so I’ll update here as soon as that’s released for you all to try 🧑‍💻

This is great news @Callum Jefferies 

Userlevel 1

Hey everyone,

We’ve just pushed out a change that should fix the problem here. Please give it a try and let us know if the issue has gone away.

Callum

Mark as resolved. Looks to be operating as expected now. Thanks

Hey everyone,

Callum

@Callum Jefferies  can now find my board however I get the following error. It could be a setup within Jirra however I do have story points setup.

Hi all! 
This is the Miro Support team. 

As Callum has mentioned, a fix has been recently released for the issue regarding the Jira Cards Estimation App. If there is still an issue with the performance of this feature, could you please reach out to the Support team by clicking the “?” icon in the top right hand corner of your dashboard.

The Miro team will then follow up with the next steps. 

Many thanks! 

Dashboard Icons
​​​​​
Contact Support

Userlevel 1

Hey everyone,

Callum

@Callum Jefferies  can now find my board however I get the following error. It could be a setup within Jirra however I do have story points setup.

Same here