Will upgrading to Team plan allow guest edit my board?

• 24 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I would like to use the board to brainstorming with my friends, mainly through allowing them to edit sticky notes and add ideas. I plan to have about 15-20 guest to my board. Would upgrading to Team plan allow me to invite this many guest editors to my board without asking them to create a Miro account themsleves?

Thanks,

Yi

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Yi Lu -

You can do this without even buying a plan - the free plan supports unlimited (virtually) editors on up to three active boards.

Look at the table near the bottom of the Help Center article here to understand what limitations exist with the free plan: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730373-Free-Plan

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Yi Lu - If you do proceed with using the Free Plan and asking your editors to sign up for a free account, you can create a share link that will both send your participants directly to your board in edit mode while also adding them as team members, in one step.

To do this, you would need to:

1. Set your Free Plan team’s Team Invitation settings to match the settings in the Invitation Settings Help Center article.
  2. Send your participants the link from this button:

Once your event is over, you will want to delete the participants from your team: