Why text is more clear in editing but blurry afterwards

Userlevel 1

Is this only my Miro or is this normal? The text is a lot more clear when editing. Once finish editing, it is burry. 

Alyona 1 year ago

Hi everyone,

Alyona from Miro Support is stepping in here for a moment 👋

Although this issue seems to be sporadic with new reports coming in waves, we would love to investigate it further to prepare a fix or recommend solutions applied locally. For us to do that, could anyone still experiencing these issues answer the following questions:

1. Do you observe the text crispness decrease in both the desktop app and browser? If not, where? In case only in the browser only, please specify which one you're using.
  2. What's your monitor resolution?
  3. Your OS?
  4. Do you use one monitor or several screens setup?
  5. Do you use the Browser scale/Zoom?
  6. Does it help to reset it to 100%?
  7. Does it help to reload the page?

We appreciate you sharing this information with us! 

View original

25 replies

Issue is experienced in both desktop app and browser

I was able to resolve the issue by removing Windows (recommended) Scale value under Display settings

• Recommended = 150%
  • Value that fixed the issue = 100% 

Hardware/software profile

• PC running Windows 11 
  • Google Chorme (not browser scaling)
  • Dual montior setup (display port both)
  • 3840 x 2160 @ 60hz (SDR)
  • NVidia RTX 3080

Issue still existing!

Im on Mac OS

Google Chrome

Web browser

reloading doesn't help

100% doesn't help

I am on two screens right now, but I have the same issue when im on a single screen

Dunno my screen resolution

I already wear glasses and reading on screen is tiring for my eyes (headaches, blurry vision later in the day) and this really aggravates the issue when i work on miro for several hours (which I do a lot). 

When can we expect a fix?

I see the same issue in multiple scenarios. It appears mostly after changing fonts, scaling and zooming in/out. Both in desktop and in chrome web client. Regarding the gpt-4-openai Disabling/enabling hardware acceleration doesn’t work for me. :-( If anyone has a working solution at least on how to fix it without recreating elements from scratch in the board, please let me know.

Same with the fact that it will not resolve until Disabling/enabling hardware acceleration.

Update here. Zooming in problem is still there but unfortunately, zooming out is not solved yet.

Hi, 

I am currently facing this issue with the Miro app where any feature such as text, post-it, shapes etc. does not work properly unless I am editing that element or have the Miro app open on my second screen. This problem has only occurred within the past 3 weeks and is not present on every Miro board. I am using a MacBook as my main screen. Can you provide any information on when this issue will be resolved or any suggestions on how to fix it?

I see the same issue in multiple scenarios. It appears mostly after changing fonts, scaling and zooming in/out. Both in desktop and in chrome web client. Regarding the biblical. Disabling/enabling hardware acceleration doesn’t work for me. :-( If anyone has a working solution at least on how to fix it without recreating elements from scratch in the board, please let me know.

Same with the fact that it will not resolve until Disabling/enabling hardware acceleration.

Update here. Zooming in problem is still there but unfortunately, zooming out is not solved yet.

Hi everyone,

Although this issue seems to be sporadic with new reports coming in waves, we would love to investigate it further to prepare a fix or recommend solutions applied locally. For us to do that, could anyone still experiencing these issues answer the following questions:

1. Do you observe the text crispness decrease in both the desktop app and browser? If not, where? In case only in the browser only, please specify which one you're using.
  3. Your OS?

Hi @Alyona,

1. Do you observe the text crispness decrease in both the desktop app and browser? If not, where? In case only in the browser only, please specify which one you're using.
    1. Internet Explorer
    2. Chrome
    1. 1920x1080
  3. Your OS?
    1. Windows
    1. Both, on laptop and with multi monitor docking station.
    1. No
    2. System scaling does not make a difference either.
    1. No
    1. No

It is mostly a problem with components of the wireframe library. Other components exhibit variation but not blurriness.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi everyone,

3. Your OS?

I guess this is a related issue: texts in the UI elements gets pixelated. They look fine when you edit them but the quality deteriorates once you exit the editing mode.
Miro desktop on Win 10.

I see the same issue in multiple scenarios. It appears mostly after changing fonts, scaling and zoomming in/out. Both in desktop and in chrmoe web client. Disabling/enabligh hardware acceleration doesn’t work for me. :-( If anyont has a working solution at least on how to fix it without recreating elements from scratch in the board, please let me know.

Same with the fact that it will not resolve until Disabling/enabligh hardware acceleration.

I am experiencing this issue with the wireframe checkboxes. It’s so frustrating. Also, checking off a wireframe checkbox takes 3 clicks which is too much for my taste. 

I see the same issue in multiple scenarios. It appears mostly after changing fonts, scaling and zoomming in/out. Both in desktop and in chrmoe web client. Disabling/enabligh hardware acceleration doesn’t work for me. :-( If anyont has a working solution at least on how to fix it without recreating elements from scratch in the board, please let me know.

As someone stated above, I toggled the “hardware acceleration” in Chrome and reloaded miro and it solved the issue. Hardware acceleration was already on, but I turned it off and back on… seemed to do the trick.

https://itstillworks.com/enabling-hardware-acceleration-chrome-mac-26377.html

Looks like something changed overnight. Text and objects are much sharper this morning.

Just trying out Miro for the first time today and seeing the same blurry text and objects when viewing in Chrome. Viewing in the Miro app looks ok. It’s not a great first impression when compared to other whiteboard apps.

I had the same Issue! I had to turn on hardware acceleration in chrome again. Now everything is clear and not blurry again.

https://itstillworks.com/enabling-hardware-acceleration-chrome-mac-26377.html

How annoying this bug is. ;/

This is quite terrible.

Did you find any workaround?

When we can expect the fix?

I’d love to know if anyone had had a response or and answer to this.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Tiffanyb - I am pretty sure that I created a Miro support ticket from your original post, which means you should have received an email from support

You can view all of your support tickets by going to https://help.miro.com, clicking on “Sign in”, and then “My activities”.

Do you have any updates for us?

Miro, please check this post and help.

I have the exactly same issue @Tiffanyb It’s so strange that this is the only one post here. I think this is a big issue because it really destroy the user experience.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Robert Johnson -

I’m too lazy to open a support request :joy: - given that this seems to be browser-specific, would you be able to convert this thread over to a new support enquiry?

Kiron

Done!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Robert Johnson -

I’m too lazy to open a support request :joy: - given that this seems to be browser-specific, would you be able to convert this thread over to a new support enquiry?

Kiron

Userlevel 1

@Kiron Bondale / @Tiffanyb - Here’s my experience with small font size on high board zoom, in case someone wants to report this to the support team as feedback on the inconsistent behaviour in the text object - in my example, when exiting edit mode, the font appears to kind of flash bold for an instant:

I am Chrome 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10 Home.

I was using Chrome when encountering the issue. Later I changed to Firefox and no issue with font. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kiron Bondale / @Tiffanyb - Here’s my experience with small font size on high board zoom, in case someone wants to report this to the support team as feedback on the inconsistent behaviour in the text object - in my example, when exiting edit mode, the font appears to kind of flash bold for an instant:

I am Chrome 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10 Home.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Tiffanyb -

This is very interesting as it looks about the same to me on the screen in both modes, but when I take a screenshot it clearly shows a difference in the sharpness. 

Kiron