Answered

Why are font sizes inconsistent in sticky notes

I have set my font size to 24pt on a number of card, but it is being displayed at different sizes (as if it’s set to auto). This is inconsistent, meaning I have to manually faff with the font size to get things legible, and my board looking ok.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Marina 30 July 2020, 13:22

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@kevin -

How have you set the type face size on cards as I didn’t think there was an option to set it unlike with “normal” shapes? 

Kiron

Having the same problem...the cards look terrible.  They are just a mash-up of different sizes and fonts.  Is there a way to control this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey there,

@kevin, I guess you mean sticky notes? You can select all stickies on the board and change the text size in all of them. Does it work?

@Rob Blatt, it looks like you created cards on different zoom levels. If you create them on a particular zoom level and of one size, the text size should be consistent. This is the only way to control the font size in cards.

Thanks for clarifying.  However, I hope this can be improved in the future.  Zooming in is great but it shouldn’t prevent creating a board where the card/font sized are completely inconsistent.  I’m not even sure how to set the board back to a previous zoom level to repair. 

Userlevel 1

I have created a wish list item - “Locking Font & Sticky size”. This is to ensure all sticky have same look and feel. 

This is extremely annoying trying to adjust text sizes so that they look the same.  I don’t care if it’s a sticky note or some other box, a font size of 10 should look the same.  But instead a font size of 10 in one box looks TOTALLY different than a font size of 10 in a different box.  How can two boxes with RADICALLY different font sizes be labeled as the same exact font size?  

This is still a problem. It’s nuts.

I have this problem too and agree it’s utterly nuts. How can a font size on a page/frame be different? It’s either 24pt or not!

Above @Marina proposed selecting all the notes and then setting the font size to be the same for all of them. This does not work for me. The sticky notes all *apparently* have the same size (24pt) but they *appear* on the screen to have wildly different sizes.

Is there a solution to this or is this a (currently unsolved) bug with the software?

Fingers crossed there’s a solution to the glitch!

I am running into this as well.  It’s not an ideal proposition to be faced with the possibility of constantly monitoring or adjusting font sizes, sticky note sizes, etc.  

It certainly raises questions as to how I want to use the tool and how much time I want to spent maintaining presentation aspects as I make adjustments to how I present information.

It’s really puzzling to drag sticky notes into a page and not have them be at any of the default S M L sizes.  

It all feels like the opposite problems that confluence has...

I am running into this as well - I try to select all areas I want the same, then go to 100% then update the font size and it still looks wildly different.  As your design grows there is no way you are going to create things at the same %.  If you are trying to visualize things as a whole and need to update a part of the design you can’t go to 100% every time you want to make a new sticky or whatever, then reduce the % to actually place the sticky to where it needs to go in the design.  I love this tool and we are considering to upgrade from the free version but most of our meetings are in WebEx and the blurry font and this sizing issues have us on the fence. 

For a design tool, it’s embarrassing that this hasn’t been fixed given it was reported 2 years ago.