Answered

Visual Notes: Is it possible to have more than one "Template" in your visual notes?

• 23 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello Miro Community,

Just was wondering how to use more than one type of template with the visual notes. It seems like one I use something like the meeting agenda template then I no longer have the option to do something like the to-do list or any of the other templates. Is this sort of a one shot deal in terms of the visual notes or am I overlooking a way to add the other templates?

Many thanks, this community is excellent when it comes to responding to questions. Much appreciation.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 24 June 2021, 03:22

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mdodds -

Not according to the help article on Visual Notes (https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035713254-Visual-Notes) which states “Note that you can add a template only while there is no content in the Notes section. “. As a template IS content, once you have selected one, you won’t be able to add another unless you delete the first template.

If you have a compelling use case for being able to use multiple templates in the Visual Notes, I’d suggest adding a wish list topic following the guidelines here and remember to vote for it yourself: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know 🌠 | Miro

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@mdodds / @Kiron Bondale 

Fancy this - you can copy-and-paste (at least two, but likely more) Templates into one Visual Notes panel:

Miro’s making us work for it :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Robert Johnson - good workaround to having the native support for multiple template usage!

Kiron

Userlevel 2

Thank you Kiron for your response and link to the help article, I can’t see why there wouldn’t be a compelling case to make the other templates available to be placed in the visuals notes. This is not an either or type of situation, instead it should be an “AND...” situation. A Meeting Agenda is not the same as a to-do list nor a meeting summary. Hmmm….not sure what their logic was for not making the Visual Notes templates inclusive to one another? 

Userlevel 2

Here is a link to the wish list request I just created: https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/visual-notes-make-it-so-multiple-templates-can-be-added-to-the-notes-5164

Userlevel 2

I like…I like...I like, nice job @Robert Johnson, thank you for this workaround, like a V8 why didn't I think about trying that? So cool to have the opportunity to work with others within our Miro Community. I’m helping get people within my organization to get up to speed with Miro and I’m keeping a list of ideas and issues. I really like Miro, for the most part its super intuitive.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@mdodds - You may want to take a few seconds and also leave your feedback using the “feedback” icon from within the Visual Notes panel: