Value Stream Mapping via ZOOM & MIRO

• 4 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello,

What kind of setup would you suggest to combine working in ZOOM & MIRO?

I’m a MIRO user. The people I invite aren’t. What kind of settings do I have to prepare to make sure everybody can participate?

I will make a basis with swimlanes and consider making a template for eacht element on the VSM. If you have experience in doing VSM online, feel free to share your best practices.

Looking forward,

Philippe

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Philippe Bailleur -

I teach a lean agile course where we have a VSM exercise so I’ve done this before in Miro. If you don’t want to pay for the participants, the Anonymous Guest Editor access (https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012524559-Collaboration-with-Anonymous-Guest-Editors) is the way to go.

How detailed a VSM are you planning to create? Will you be just identifying VA/NVA/BNVA activities or going further by adding in wait time, touch time, hand-backs and so on?

Regardless, this is very easy to do using basic Miro shapes and arrows.

Kiron

Thanks for you answer.

The idea is to build an Ideal State Value Stream. We won’t go very deep in the steps or actions (as you suggest)  but will try to figure out the flows of information and the platforms that need to feed or need to be fed during the value stream. The company I’m working for has issues with their Value Streams (= spaghetti-time) but their IT-platforms are not supporting the flow of work either.

Any ideas?

Philippe

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Philippe Bailleur -

While Miro doesn’t have specific shapes for VSM purposes, you can certainly construct a typical Ideal State Value Stream Map using a combination of lines, arrows and basic shapes.

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale  could you share yours, or could we buy it somewhere, thanks in advance for your response Kiron

Userlevel 6

Hi @Philippe Bailleur, we’ve just released value stream mapping shape pack, you can also start using the Zoom integration, I would love to hear if this works for your workshops.

Best,

Turner