Question

Use Miro as Library - How to make sure the library stays intact?

• 6 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi Brilliants!

I use a Miro board as Library for E-&Audiobooks - Images of covers work are linked to dropbox files that can be downloaded.

1. How can I set this up so that people(with just the board-link) cannot edit but still access the links? This seems not possible with Edit nor View-only rights - either they can edit everything(not desirable) or they can’t click the links(which is the purpose of this library!)
  2. ‘Public Library’ - How to set this up so that people with the board link can place their own covers linked to cloud-files, but cannot edit the links of others?

Would be really grateful for your feedback! ;-) Big thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Scarcia - I like this use case :)

How can I set this up so that people(with just the board-link) cannot edit but still access the links? This seems not possible with Edit nor View-only rights - either they can edit everything(not desirable) or they can’t click the links(which is the purpose of this library!)

With the board set to Anyone with the link → Can view, all links should work - here is an example of this. To test it as an anonymous viewer, i.e., a visitor with no Miro account at all, open the board in a private/incognito browser window → https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_l7tLuX8=/

‘Public Library’ - How to set this up so that people with the board link can place their own covers linked to cloud-files, but cannot edit the links of others?

Unfortunately this will not be possible as guest editors cannot lock items, so I could not add my own cover and lock it, therefore anyone could delete/modify it. You can read more about guest editor limitations in the Collaboration with Anonymous Guest Editors Help Center article.

Once possible workaround (while perhaps more complicated than it’s worth...)

One way around this would be to create a Google Form which allows anyone to fill out their book information. This information would be written to a Google Sheet. Then use the Miro + Zapier app to create a new Card on a board from a new row that is entered into the Google Sheet (by the Google Form) - see the following about connecting Miro to a Google Sheet using the Zapier app.

Hopefully someone else will have some better, more eloquent ideas!

Hi Robert,

Thank you so much for your great answers! 

Please have a look;-) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Scarcia - Looking good! One suggestion about setting the board start view: