Touch Screen in Zoom Room

• 29 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I have a Zoom Room with a built in interactive whiteboard in the room and I’d like to be able to use the interactive whiteboard to control Miro. I can’t run Miro natively (not supported) so tried taking control of my laptop via the Remote Control function in Zoom but it doesn’t give me a touchscreen mode in Miro so the controls in Miro just don’t work. Is there a way to force Miro to allow Touchscreen mode?

Thanks!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Adrian Jackson - I'll admit, I'm not completely visualizing your complete setup, but if you're looking to force Chrome into thinking you have a touchscreen (and in turn, Miro), maybe this will work for you:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mspoweruser.com/tip-force-google-chrome-into-touch-mode-on-your-windows-hybrid/amp/

@Robert Johnson I did try that to no luck

I think the easiest way to understand it is:

Computer 1 (Zoom Room): has touchscreen display but no browser so can’t run Miro but can view and control share screen

Computer 2 (Laptop): does not have touch screen display but can run Miro and share screen and control to Computer 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Adrian Jackson - I'm getting it now (I also had to Google "Zoom Room" after my first reply).

Hmmm. Once the movie Inception stops coming to mind, perhaps a more useful thought will follow haha. 

@Robert Johnson Not sure if you got anywhere with your thoughts? Wondering how we might make this work - don’t want to whiteboard in Zoom (Miro MUCH better)! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jason Mak - I haven’t given this any more thought as my organization works in Teams for video and audio, but collaboration together on a Miro board when we need to visualize our discussions.

Eight months has passed since this post and now there is a Miro-Zoom integration, and support for Interactive displays - perhaps these will solve some of the original poster’s issues.

Hi @Jason Mak, as far as I can see, none of the new features will resolve the issue. The support for interactive displays is if your display is a PC on its own merit not as a control surface.

I don’t think Miro care enough about the education market to properly consider this a priority.

Userlevel 2

Hello @Adrian Jackson 
We are definitely looking into making Miro work on as many interactive displays and room set ups as possible. This is an on-going process and some set ups might not be fully supported yet.
Your feedback is very valuable for us to identify gaps.
Could you please share more details about the hardware you’re using for your Zoom room (brand, model ,etc)?
Thanks