Text in Miro Iconfinder searchbar reverses itself

• 26 September 2021
  • 4 replies

I googled by didn’t find the answer to this - sometimes when I search for an icon on Miro, the text I enter is reversed. For example, if I try and type the word ‘navigate’, it will show in the textbox as ‘etagivan’. It is baffling.

Has anyone come across this, and if so, how do I make it behave normally?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Joanne Winquist Menon - It happens to me sometimes in the Iconfinder app. To delete my text and get it going from left to right again, I end up having to put my cursor at the end (right) of the text using my mouse and then backspace over it and type again.

I guess it hasn't been a annoying enough for me (yet) to contact Miro support about it. However, since now I know it isn't just me, I will open a support ticket to this post and will CC you in on the ticket ☺️

This is the only topic I could find about this, but I’m facing the same issue (Miro 0.7.8 on macOS 12.3.1). Text in Iconfinder’s search bar goes backwards and some fumbling with it fixes the issue but still not very practical of course!

Any response to the support ticket by any chance? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

This is the only topic I could find about this, but I’m facing the same issue (Miro 0.7.8 on macOS 12.3.1). Text in Iconfinder’s search bar goes backwards and some fumbling with it fixes the issue but still not very practical of course!

Any response to the support ticket by any chance? 

@Vincent Baas - Honestly, this has been happening to me sporadically for years. Has happened to me on every version of the Miro desktop app, and in Chrome, on Windows 10 & 11. I can search a few times and it doesn’t happen, then it does. I have to try to select all text or backspace over it - eventually the glitch goes away (but it always comes back, eventually).

I have been having problems with this as well for years. Today I just can’t get it back to type normally.

Anyone found anything that works?